An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rome wakes up to find city full of anti-Pope Francis posters

bardegaulois

I don't know the hearts of those who did this. But I will say that I agree, in a certain sense, to the question "Where's your mercy?". For someone who wants "dialogue" and "parrhesia", Pope Francis seems to be pretty closed.

1 hour ago, Jack4 said:

I don't know the hearts of those who did this. But I will say that I agree, in a certain sense, to the question "Where's your mercy?". For someone who wants "dialogue" and "parrhesia", Pope Francis seems to be pretty closed.

Whoa. Tread carefully young padawan. The evil Emperor Francis has put men to death for saying far less.

1 hour ago, CountrySteve21 said:

I find it disrespectful. Even if one disagrees with the Pope, there are better ways. 

Would you care to enlighten us as to what these are?

9 minutes ago, bardegaulois said:

Would you care to enlighten us as to what these are?

Spray painting St. Peter's or throwing a bucket of black paint on him, perhaps?

59 minutes ago, Peace said:

Somehow, I'd think plastering posters throughout the city is a little more respectful than anything involving paint...

1 hour ago, Peace said:

Or writing a polite set of dubia. :hehe:

Ash Wednesday

I'm not sure what good it will do, but at the same time, I can understand their concern and frustration that have lead to their actions.

We live in sad times, either way we look at it. Continued prayers for our Church.

10 hours ago, Peace said:

Whoa. Tread carefully young padawan. The evil Emperor Francis has put men to death for saying far less.

Could you break that down, please? I can't understand. 

7 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Or writing a polite set of dubia. :hehe:

I'd like to report Nihil for thinking that the dubia are "polite". The correct interpretation is that of +Papamanolis:

"From your document appears clear that... do not believe the supreme teaching authority of the pope... I fear that your intellectual capacities will find sophisticated arguments to justify your actions, so you do not even consider it a sin to be submitted to the sacrament of penance and that you will continue to celebrate every day the Holy Mass and to receive the sacrament of the Eucharist profanely, while you make are offended if, in specific cases, a divorced remarried receives the Eucharist and you dare accuse of heresy, the Holy Father Francis."

...I'm being sarcastic, but the Greekman was not. :cry3: