An Old School Catholic Message Board

Praying The Rosary

Robyn

The rosary is one of the many things that 'gets' me...like my understanding tells me it's a daily practice and you say the same prayer so many times...using the beads to help you keep count...

Tell me more...educate me on something I find silly ;)

A good link on the Rosary, what it is and why we say it.

The Rosary - Catholic Answers

And here is a link on the promises to those who faithfully say the rosary.

The 15 Promises - Catholicity.com

They also have a page on how to say the rosary and its prayers.

The Rosary

That said, to put it in a nutshell, the rosary is the weapon against Satan. In the childlike repetition of the prayers with the meditation on the mysteries (events in the life of Christ and the early church) we are reminded of our own "sillyness", and humbled so we can truly approach God's throne with the child like hearts and minds.

In saying the rosary, I am reminded that it's not the force and eloquence of my words that sway the heart of my Saviour, but His loving response to my acceptance of His saving grace and love. It's all Him - I'm just an unworthy vessel.

Hope that helps a bit. :)

Peace!

B. A. Soldier

A good link on the Rosary, what it is and why we say it.

The Rosary - Catholic Answers

And here is a link on the promises to those who faithfully say the rosary.

The 15 Promises - Catholicity.com

They also have a page on how to say the rosary and its prayers.

The Rosary

That said, to put it in a nutshell, the rosary is the weapon against Satan.  In the childlike repetition of the prayers with the meditation on the mysteries (events in the life of Christ and the early church) we are reminded of our own "sillyness", and humbled so we can truly approach God's throne with the child like hearts and minds.

In saying the rosary, I am reminded that it's not the force and eloquence of my words that sway the heart of my Saviour, but His loving response to my acceptance of His saving grace and love.  It's all Him - I'm just an unworthy vessel.

Hope that helps a bit.  :)

Peace!

B. A. Soldier

This is an amesome post!

cmotherofpirl

The rosary is one of the many things that 'gets' me...like my understanding tells me it's a daily practice and you say the same prayer so many times...using the beads to help you keep count...

Tell me more...educate me on something I find silly ;)

Somehow I don't consider meditating on the Words of God silly.

Go to virtualrosary.org, download the rosary program. For every prayer, meditate on scripture.

The rosary is an amesome weapon. You can't be sinning and praying it at the same time.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

what if i downloaded the rosary program and was praying the rosary while i was waiting for a cd to copy which i was in fact, pirating?

wouldn't that be sinning and praying the rosary at the same time??? seriously...

what if i downloaded the rosary program and was praying the rosary while i was waiting for a cd to copy which i was in fact, pirating?

That would be sinful (the pirating), but I would encourage you to pray the Rosary anyway. The Blessed Virgin will pray for and with you regardless of what you're doing. She is the Mother of sinners as Jesus is our Brother.

cmotherofpirl

wouldn't that be sinning and praying the rosary at the same time??? seriously...

You would consider sinning and praying at the same time!

How sad.

You would consider sinning and praying at the same time!

How sad.

I agree! Never heard that one before (sinning and praying the rosary at the same time!!) :blink::blink::blink: :blink:

steve, please visit and read the Catholic Answers link on the Rosary posted above.... many people have many misunderstandings about the Rosary.

God Bless,

ironmonk

steve, please visit and read the Catholic Answers link on the Rosary posted above.... many people have many misunderstandings about the Rosary.

God Bless,

ironmonk

They sure do, even I did.

you all laugh at me but it was motherofpirl who said:

"The rosary is an amesome weapon. You can't be sinning and praying it at the same time. "

Why laugh?

The number of times you have all condtradicted yourselves or each other or the Word of God since i've been here is amazing.

You seem to know a whole bunch of scripture and doctrine....

...but so did the Pharasees.

Skuba, you are aware...I'm a very new believer of the Catholic Church. Heck...I'm not even an "official" Catholic!

My family is non-Catholic, I used to be the same ALL of my Christian life. That started to change on my 16th birthday (which was this January). I know a lot about what my fellow Protestants teached (and all the seperate beliefs and doctrines, that ultimately confused the heck outta me, therefore discouraging me to be Christian).

I find Catholicism to be more spiritual, not-as-confusing, and a step higher than I was before.

The number of times you have all condtradicted yourselves or each other or the Word of God since i've been here is amazing.

You seem to know a whole bunch of scripture and doctrine....

...but so did the Pharasees.

Steve, name one time where we've contradicted ourselves or the Word of God. And what's with that snide remark about us being like the Pharisees?