An Old School Catholic Message Board

Grad School Application and MRI Results

OnlySunshine

My application for graduate school was finally completed this past Tuesday - the last thing was my boss' letter of recommendation and it finally was submitted Tuesday.  It took a lot of reminding on my part, and I'm so glad to have everything done.  My enrollment advisor has submitted my file to the review board and I should receive a decision in about a month.  I am really hoping to get into this school's program as it is one of the best in the country.  Please say some prayers.

Also, I had the brain MRI that my neurologist requested yesterday.  I received a disk to give my doctor at our next appointment so I reviewed it and I don't see anything alarming.  My neurologist will receive the report from the radiologist on Monday or Tuesday but I don't see him again until March 7th.  I had the MRI due to being unofficially diagnosed with vestibular migraines by my ENT after a balance test.  The neurologist started me on a low dose of a calcium channel blocker which seems to be working very well for my vertigo and balance.  I still get headaches, however, so I'm hoping that a higher dose will stop them altogether.  I'm also going to ask about getting on migraine medication for after the headache starts as I am taking too much Advil.