An Old School Catholic Message Board

75th anniversary of vows

Sister Leticia

Sister Leticia

Tomorrow (20th) the oldest sister in our Province (who will be 99 later this year) celebrates the 75th anniversary of her vows. That's right - seven and a half decades since she made her vows, halfway through World War II when she was only 23!

Despite her advanced years Sr Amy still has a very good, clear memory, and has shared some of her story on our website. Those of you from the north of the northern hemisphere will appreciate the significance of snowdrops in wintry, rural Scotland. I am reliably informed that someone has found a patch of snowdrops in the convent garden, so those little flowers - sign of God's love and fidelity all those years ago - will be part of the party!

If Sister Phil is at the celebration, please tell her that Peggy from the US sends her best, and hopes to see her in Dublin this June. Have a glorious good time!

Sister Leticia

We don't have a Phil in England - as you're a historian I imagine you mean Phil Kilroy, who lives in Dublin?

1 hour ago, Sister Leticia said:

We don't have a Phil in England - as you're a historian I imagine you mean Phil Kilroy, who lives in Dublin?

Yes--sorry! I didn't realize they were separate provinces. Mea culpa.... :oops:

Sister Leticia

No problem - why should you know? But are you just jetting into and out of Dublin, or taking the opportunity to visit a few other places in Europe while you're over here? (like England ;))