An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Phatmass Home Page Layout, Better News Feed

dUSt

http://www.phatmass.com

Or, click on the "Home" tab at the top of the Phorum.

The new layout has news down the left, from these sources:

• Crux Now
  • National Catholic Register
  • Catholic News Service
  • USCCB
  • Catholic Herald
  • News.va
  • Fides.org

Please let me know how you like it, or if you can think of any other source I should add. My goal is to make the phatmass homepage a one-stop Catholic news aggregator.

Another idea I'm thinking about is maybe creating another section that mashes up some of the best Catholic blogs or social feeds.

I'm open to suggestions on what those should be too!

Maybe  Catholic Culture? Though they intersperse a lot of commentary with their news. 

I like checking out New Advent and Big Pulpit as well. 

There's a couple others that I tend to read, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them for the front page. 

SaintOfVirtue
6 hours ago, dUSt said:

I don't understand this.

Auto-correct has once again been my downfall. I meant, "bring back the lame board".  

Seriously. I no like teh change. 

Mostly because all the serious posts are now in with the lame ones; so as things go on the line between the two will become blurred and one or the other will end up disappearing. 

Edited by SaintOfVirtue

8 hours ago, SaintOfVirtue said:

Auto-correct has once again been my downfall. I meant, "bring back the lame board".  

Mostly because all the serious posts are now in with the lame ones; so as things go on the line between the two will become blurred and one or the other will end up disappearing. 

Yay!

8 hours ago, SaintOfVirtue said:

Phatmass is the lame board. 

I've also changed the fonts. 

We may be the lamest Catholic message board on the internet, but I guarantee you we are also the prettiest.

5 minutes ago, dUSt said:

We may be the lamest Catholic message board on the internet, but I guarantee you we are also the prettiest.

There are other forums which are really lame  -  and I'm using the word lame in a negative sense here.

7 minutes ago, dUSt said:

I've also changed the fonts.

I'd like to report @dUSt for rejecting the hermeneutic of continuity. :smile2: