An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stress at Work and Personal Life

OnlySunshine

I know this is my 2nd posting in 2 days and I really need the prayers.  The last 2 weeks have been pure hell at work and I am completely stressed out.  We've been having a lot of staffing changes and call-outs lately that have left us incredibly understaffed and the burden rests on me to get the holes covered.  Since I've returned to work, 90% of the holes have been left open and I cannot do anything about it.  

To top it off, my new assignment is a little too much for me to take.  I talked to my boss about it before I went on FMLA and she and I met after my return.  One of the managers took over the assignment while I was gone and yesterday, it was found out it was not done properly which myself and 2 other staff members have been receiving flack for (even though I was not there and it wasn't my fault).  Today, we had 3 call-offs and 1 last minute change to the schedule and I was only able to fill 1 call-off.  Today, I started wishing I had a different job and I'm worried the stress is eating at me - it doesn't help that my boss mentioned I may have to leave my workplace when I get my Master's degree because they won't have any openings for me to move up.  When I was interviewed, she had mentioned that they were going to be building on to the facility and now I'm wondering if that's not going to happen. :(

Please say some prayers that the stress at work eases up a bit.  I don't want to quit and start all over again - especially since I plan to stay in the industry for the duration of my career.  I'm going with my mom to look at some apartments this weekend and I hope to get an idea of when I can finally move out on my own.