An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trump Predictions

dUSt

What is everybody's prediction on the Trump presidency?

Will he be impeached?

Will he resign after 4 years?

Will he struggle through 4 years and then get trounced in a re-election bid?

Will he make it through 8 years?

Or, maybe some of you have more detailed and creative predictions?

I think he will be for 8. He's enforcing immigration laws that have been on the books for years but ignored.   Travel restrictions have been placed by every President, they hate it with Trump and they call it a ban.  Roundups started in Obamas admin. Shhhhh. Obama wants over a BILLION dollars for a library...shhhhh. Obama gave Quantanamo prisoners a cool million upon release. Shhhhhh. Folks would never call Michelle or Laura a call girl or hooker. He's  different and folks especially the media which runs this country don't like that. 

I think he will accomplish much, but not as much as many hope for.   

I think the Democrat Party will shatter in the four years and that may get him re-elected.   The D's are so over the top in outrage at every little thing, it will backfire in them.  Similar to (and a continuation of) the histrionics the R's went through with Obama, but ten times more intense and likely to be much more self destructive.  I also don't see the R's coming up with a cohesive plan and support for an alternative candidate. 

My own far-from-infallible predictions/thoughts:

I'm certain the Dems will try to impeach him, and have been plotting this ever since the election.  Their success at this is dubious.

He'll probably run for re-election, despite his age, if he stays in reasonably good health.  Barring a catastrophe, he'll probably be the GOP nominee again, though some might unsuccessfully challenge him.  

If she's alive, Hillary will probably run again, though it's unlikely she'll be the Dem nominee.  

Whether Trump wins again will depend largely on the economy in 2020.  If there's an economic crash (a real possibility, btw) or if the economy just really smells of elderberries, the Dems will win.  If the economy's good, people will tire of the hysteria, and he'll get another four years.

I'm just waiting to see if there'll be some serious government toppling scandal. Although I'm not sure how bad things have to get these days for that to happen.

dairygirl4u2c

he and the republicans will make fools of themselves regarding obamacare. they won't be able to agree on a replacement. they might be able to reform it and possibly rebrand it. basically everything behaner recently said.

he wont be able to keep all his promises fiscally, balancing the budget, protecting entitlements, increasing defense and infrastructure etc.

the republicans will solider on with the debt ceiling raising as they are mostly against it when the dems on in control. it should be interesting to see the reliable few who won't not fight about it. it's hard to see them shutting the governemnt down when it's a republican controlled congress. i dont think that happened with bush jr when they controlled it all. should be interesting.

unless the dems can't pick someone decent he will lose reelection as he's the least popular president since a long time and he just started, he's at teh same place most politicians take eight years to get to. plus remember that if you don't count winning by technicality of electoral college, and you discount the homefeild advantage bush had in reelection, the republicans haven't really won since bush sr going on thirty years ago. growing minorities and the growing city population is going to continue to be hard on republians.

we need a common sense moderate to take over. not all those cookie cutter politicians and people whose beliefs and style are unnecessarily partisan and stereotypical.

• 2 weeks later...

Trump is America, or rather, 'Murica! He's a sleazeball New Yorker. I disagree with the Fascist hysteria because I think the Left wants to write Trump out of American history, wants to chalk him up as a Nazi or a client of Putin, make him seem Other. Trump is America, its sleaze, its conservative snake handling xenophobic idealistic hypocrisy. The idea that Trump is a man for the common man is absurd on so many levels, but the American common man has always been a sucker, God Bless Him. While the Left is reading Europeans like George Orwell and Hannah Arendt, they should be reading Americans like John Steinbeck (Grapes of Wrath) and John Dos Passos (U.S.A novel trilogy), where America is revealed in all its glory and stupidity. Trump famously told a reporter he can grab womens' crotches cuz he's rich. That's what he's doing to the American people, seducing and raping them. He is an Enemy of the People, and I will never legitimize him as a leader.

11 hours ago, Era Might said:

The idea that Trump is a man for the common man is absurd

do you oppose trumps stance on abortion and planned parenthood, as well?

34 minutes ago, little2add said:

do you oppose trumps stance on abortion and planned parenthood, as well?

Trump doesn't have a stance on anything. He's a sleazeball political entrepreneur. While he's grabbing womens' crotches he's probably paid for a few abortions. Now he's supposed to be the Father of America. Trump's stance on abortion and planned parenthood is that he can get millions of votes if he says the right things about them. I'm sure he's a lifelong anti-abortion crusader, working in the trenches so every child has a womb. :twitch:

078aa9j.gif

havok579257
On 3/12/2017 at 7:29 AM, Era Might said:

Trump doesn't have a stance on anything. He's a sleazeball political entrepreneur. While he's grabbing womens' crotches he's probably paid for a few abortions. Now he's supposed to be the Father of America. Trump's stance on abortion and planned parenthood is that he can get millions of votes if he says the right things about them. I'm sure he's a lifelong anti-abortion crusader, working in the trenches so every child has a womb. :twitch:

i don't like Trump either but unless you have proof of him paying for abortions you trying to slander his name.  Not christian at all.  Last I checked, making up false claims was not a christian thing to do.  Or is it ok to be un-christian to people you don't like?  Guess I missed that part in the bible.  

I always find it funny when people always attack Donald Trump for all the evil, vile things he says but have no problem spitting out vile against him.  They are just hypocrits.  I don't like a lot of what Trump says about immigration, women, the catholic church and so on.  Although I don't like what he says it does not give me the right to be as vile and evil towards him as he is toward others.  This is why this country is in the disaster it is in now.  Nobody takes the moral high ground.  Everyone races toward the bottom.

dominicansoul

I don't believe that many people are fooled by Trump.  They just honestly didn't want to see Hilary running the show.  

Most people I know kinda side with him because of the left's paranoia and emotional breakdown since the election.  People who didn't even vote for him are siding with him now.

As far as the grabbing women by the crotches, he said that a decade and a year ago, when he was a liberal and a democrat.  The worst thing he said this time around was women journalists hate him because they are on the rag.  I understand the guy is not very presidential and I certainly don't make him out to be some sort of saint, never have and never will.  I'm only hoping he puts laws in place to help the unborn.  We're just that close to getting some substantial progress, if only the other republicans weren't so beaver dam afraid of their own shadows, PP would be defunded already... I've always been disappointed with politicians and don't rely on them for much.  Just more chaos.  They can always guarantee that.  Lol.  

havok579257
34 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I don't believe that many people are fooled by Trump.  They just honestly didn't want to see Hilary running the show.  

Most people I know kinda side with him because of the left's paranoia and emotional breakdown since the election.  People who didn't even vote for him are siding with him now.

As far as the grabbing women by the crotches, he said that a decade and a year ago, when he was a liberal and a democrat.  The worst thing he said this time around was women journalists hate him because they are on the rag.  I understand the guy is not very presidential and I certainly don't make him out to be some sort of saint, never have and never will.  I'm only hoping he puts laws in place to help the unborn.  We're just that close to getting some substantial progress, if only the other republicans weren't so beaver dam afraid of their own shadows, PP would be defunded already... I've always been disappointed with politicians and don't rely on them for much.  Just more chaos.  They can always guarantee that.  Lol.  

absolutely agree.  the number one reason I voted for Trump was because his vow to put a pro-life justice on the supreme court.  He has done it so far with his first nomination and if by chance one of the liberals retire and Trump can nominate another pro life justice we can finally reverse the horrible abomination that is roe v wade.  the fact is trump has pushed policies that are pro life so far.  he reversed the mexico city policy, he tried to get PP to get rid of abortions by mkaing a deal with them and he nominated a pro life justice.  you can complain about a lot of things he has done but not his stances so far on being pro life.  not to mention he is in the process of defunding PP.  he is pushing a pro life agenda, that can not be argued.  something hilary would have never done.