An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aloha!

Jack4

But... it's not Lent yet. 

Also, every time someone says they are giving up phatmass for Lent it makes me feel like a failure. Like, I created someones' guilty pleasure instead of something that helps them be a better Catholic.  If I was better at accomplishing the goal of this site, giving up phatmass would be like giving up reading the catechism for Lent. lol

5 hours ago, dUSt said:

But... it's not Lent yet. 

Also, every time someone says they are giving up phatmass for Lent it makes me feel like a failure. Like, I created someones' guilty pleasure instead of something that helps them be a better Catholic.  If I was better at accomplishing the goal of this site, giving up phatmass would be like giving up reading the catechism for Lent. lol

Eastern Catholics, they're weird, if I'm understanding correctly they begin their fast before we Romans do. Also, he's said elsewhere that he's abstaining from the internet, so you shouldn't feel too bad. :) 

Edited by Amppax

13 hours ago, dUSt said:

Like, I created someones' guilty pleasure instead of something that helps them be a better Catholic.  If I was better at accomplishing the goal of this site, giving up phatmass would be like giving up reading the catechism for Lent. lol

In addition to what @Amppax said: After a vision of Jesus, Aquinas didn't continue writing the Summa.  He began writing it to help people become better Catholics, yet when he discontinued writing, he didn't feel like a failure. 

Cheer up, buddy :flowers:

PS: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner; for I did a wee bit of sneak up against one of my Lenten resolutions.   :oops:

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, Jack4 said:

In addition to what @Amppax said: After a vision of Jesus, Aquinas didn't continue writing the Summa.  He began writing it to help people become better Catholics, yet when he discontinued writing, he didn't feel like a failure. 

Cheer up, buddy :flowers:

PS: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner; for I did a wee bit of sneak up against one of my Lenten resolutions.   :oops:

All in a good cause

....considering that this seems rather hard, I hereby amend my resolution. I will restrict my time here, but not completely withdraw. 

dominicansoul

I give up phatmass 11 months outta the year (except this last year I posted more than usual cos vee entered the convent.) 

i usually post a lot during Lent, phatmass is my Lenten home.  This way my posts can be everybody's Lenten mortification and I help save souls in the process... 

4 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I give up phatmass 11 months outta the year (except this last year I posted more than usual cos vee entered the convent.) 

i usually post a lot during Lent, phatmass is my Lenten home.  This way my posts can be everybody's Lenten mortification and I help save souls in the process... 

:wave: 

Dont blame me for stuff!  I stopped posting cos I was in da convent and now that I'm not I'm posting again, even though it is Lent  

Yes, your posts are a mortification, reading them is my penance! :lol4:

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. All in moderation. Nothing wrong with fasting from things we love - including Phatmass. We need to continue to look to the greater good and striving for God's will in our lives. 

Nihil Obstat
32 minutes ago, WhiteLily said:

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. All in moderation. Nothing wrong with fasting from things we love - including Phatmass. We need to continue to look to the greater good and striving for God's will in our lives. 

It is impossible to have an excess of the three theological virtues. :| 

On 3/6/2017 at 8:07 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

It is impossible to have an excess of the three theological virtues. :| 

Is it possible to have excess of the three theological virtues?  

Nihil Obstat
4 hours ago, Papist said:

Is it possible to have excess of the three theological virtues?  

It is impossible to have an excess of the three theological virtues.

42 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

It is impossible to have an excess of the three theological virtues.

Thanks.  That's good to know.