An Old School Catholic Message Board

Camelitle Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus

LoveZoe11

Has anyone on this forum discerned with them? I just filled out there vocation inquiry form. They sound like a wonderful and very holy congrgation.

8 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I visited the one in Missouri a few times.  They are a beautiful community. 

That's awsome! Can you tell me anymore about them?

40 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I visited the one in Missouri a few times.  They are a beautiful community. 

Oh my gosh!!!  The active carms didn't want you and the cloistered didn't want me!!! :buddies: 

conclusion. Carmelites have standards!!!  :lol4:

(sorry for laming up the thread)

dominicansoul

They are very monastic, follow a strict horarium, are devoted to Carmelite spirituality to a tee.  They pray together, work together, are a close-knit community.  Very loyal to the Magisterium and defenders of the Faith.  

The one in St. Louis runs a daycare and an elder home.  This is part of their charism, to infuse souls with the Love of Christ at the beginning of their lives, and to see it to their ends on their death beds.  

Such a beautiful community!  And Vee is right, I wasn't "wanted" because I hesitated to go when they called me.  Do not hesitate because they do not wishy washy discerners like I was.  

5 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

And Vee is right, I wasn't "wanted" because I hesitated to go when they called me.  Do not hesitate because they do not wishy washy discerners like I was.  

This is very true! I know a Carmelite Prioress (although when she told me the story she was Sub-Prioress) who had this happen to her. The Prioress at the time kept asking her "when she could come for a visit" but she kept having excuses like she couldn't get away from her job, school kept her busy, this and that, etc. And one day Reverend Mother told her "Well, if you can't make time for us, we won't make time for you!" and hung up the phone! She said "that sure showed me!" :P

It was really amusing because that same Prioress was sitting with us and telling the story with her!

14 hours ago, Charbel said:

This is very true! I know a Carmelite Prioress (although when she told me the story she was Sub-Prioress) who had this happen to her. The Prioress at the time kept asking her "when she could come for a visit" but she kept having excuses like she couldn't get away from her job, school kept her busy, this and that, etc. And one day Reverend Mother told her "Well, if you can't make time for us, we won't make time for you!" and hung up the phone! She said "that sure showed me!" :P

It was really amusing because that same Prioress was sitting with us and telling the story with her!

Oh man I can't prop this story enough! :hehe:

Its a good lesson though because if people really want something or feel strongly about something they will do anything for it.  They will make the time they will take the effort and no obstacle is too much.