An Old School Catholic Message Board

Work Issues

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Today was one of the hardest days I've had to deal with.  With all my health problems and the remaining problems that the horrible storm caused last month (the roof and my room are still unfixed), I've been horribly distracted at work.  I've had anxiety and depression problems that are caused by a lot of the stress and strain from both personal and professional difficulties.  I saw my doctor a month ago and she increased my medication, but things are not improving.  Today, I was brought in to the assistant manager's office and given a verbal warning about a mistake I made last week that I discovered on my own and took responsibility for.  Even though my job is still intact, I was ill-equipped to deal with this reprimand and felt miserable the rest of the day.  I could not stop crying and my anxiety was bad all day.  I already had a follow-up doctor's appointment on Thursday but I asked that it be moved up so I am seeing her tomorrow at 11:30am.  Because my boss is out on vacation, I talked to the HR manager about everything and wish I had done so previously.  I'm now looking at either going on a medical leave while I find the right combo of treatment and/or finding another job.  It pains me to say it, but my job is too high-stress and I am not in place right now where I can deal with it.  It gets like this every so often where we have a lot of turnover which makes my responsibilities twice as hard.

Please say some prayers for me that my doctor's appointment brings to light some answers.  I am angry, frustrated, sad, confused, and completely stressed out.