Jump to content
little2add

should baby showers be women-only

should men attend baby showers?  

9 members have voted

  1. 1. should men attend baby showers?

    • yes
      2
    • no
      6


Recommended Posts

little2add

Not all guys aren't into baby outfits or whether or not to bring pink or blue party favors.    Some men would rather be out trying to make a buck to pay for the roof over his family's head and the like or drinking a beer somewhere else.  Not that men are not interested and vested in raising children.  

 

 

i will go if my wife makes me, but i don't have to like it, do I?

Edited by little2add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
havok579257

when i got married years ago men did not go to baby showers.  it was something only women did.  i never went to my baby shower.  now though its the thing for both men and women to go.  i have had to go to them since.  i tell my wife its stupid i missed my own baby shower but i have to go to other people's baby showers.  oh and now the new thing is for men to have diaper parties in addition to baby showers.  men all go over and hang out and bring diapers for the new dad.  i had to do this for my brother in law. 

 

all i can say is just get used to it, its the way things are done now a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selah

I like it as women only. It's nice to have something just for the mom and her girlfriends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anomaly

I don't see a problem with dads going to a baby shower.    The kid has two parents.

  My kids are late twenties to early thirties, but no grandkids yet.   I would expect my son in laws to share with child care, diaper changes, etc.  Whay not participate in showers?   It's not 1952.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Era Might
On 3/25/2017 at 8:40 AM, little2add said:

Not all guys aren't into baby outfits or whether or not to bring pink or blue party favors.    Some men would rather be out trying to make a buck to pay for the roof over his family's head and the like or drinking a beer somewhere else.  Not that men are not interested and vested in raising children.  

 

 

i will go if my wife makes me, but i don't have to like it, do I?

Spanish people have a simple solution for this. Baby showers are just one big party, food and booze included

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteLily

Some couples like to have a baby shower where men and women are invited. Some women don't want men there at the actual party. Some men may be there, but just hanging out in another room watching TV. It's a matter of preference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benedictus
On 26/03/2017 at 8:42 PM, Era Might said:

Spanish people have a simple solution for this. Baby showers are just one big party, food and booze included

Sounds like the ideal way to me -  have a party :smokey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elizabeth09
On 3/25/2017 at 3:28 PM, Selah said:

I like it as women only. It's nice to have something just for the mom and her girlfriends. 

I agree.  I feel if there were any men at the baby shower, then it will feel really awkward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anastasia (L&T)

My opinion is the closest men in the family (daddy, maybe grandpas) and that's it. Would I really want a guy at church/work/friend's husband, to know what kind of breast pump I have? Awkward!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×