An Old School Catholic Message Board

Drop a word, keep a word

little2add

Gary david
26 minutes ago, little2add said:

Social media  975-BF4-ED-1-AAA-441-A-A772-4-C58-F698-B

I was laughing until I realized that's almost true now!

Social dinner:o

stock-photo-group-of-friends-at-a-restau

little2add

Sunday dinner E7107216-AEDB-4041-8084-CFA9619-EDEFC.pn

The Italian Family Sunday dinner

Sunday dinner at my grandparents’ house allowed grandma and grandpa to see their children regularly; grandma and grandpa to see their grandchildren regularly; our parents to see their parents regularly; us grandchildren to spend time with our grandparents regularly; us grandchildren to spend time with our cousins regularly; and us grandchildren to spend time with our aunts and uncles regularly.  I could go on, but I think you get the picture.  Most importantly, Sunday dinner at Grandma and Grandpa’s meant FAMILY.

Every Italian-American family has its own specific menu, but we typically ate pasta and meat, which usually consisted of meatballs, sausages, beef, and pork (including brasciolla), Of course, there was Italian bread with the meal and a salad to follow.  

Gary david
2 hours ago, little2add said:

Sunday dinner E7107216-AEDB-4041-8084-CFA9619-EDEFC.pn

The Italian Family Sunday dinner

Sunday dinner at my grandparents’ house allowed grandma and grandpa to see their children regularly; grandma and grandpa to see their grandchildren regularly; our parents to see their parents regularly; us grandchildren to spend time with our grandparents regularly; us grandchildren to spend time with our cousins regularly; and us grandchildren to spend time with our aunts and uncles regularly.  I could go on, but I think you get the picture.  Most importantly, Sunday dinner at Grandma and Grandpa’s meant FAMILY.

Every Italian-American family has its own specific menu, but we typically ate pasta and meat, which usually consisted of meatballs, sausages, beef, and pork (including brasciolla), Of course, there was Italian bread with the meal and a salad to follow.  

Yes, your right! This brings back so many memories. After church we would all go to my grandma's farm and here would be our aunts, uncle's and cousins. The whole house would be filled with playful laughter and warm smiles. Except of course the laughter ended for a bit when a farm horse walked in through the back door. Didn't stay long when my grandmother grabbed her broom, that horse left a lot faster than it did coming in. That was then. Now, I don't know what happened but those days are just a memory now. I guess people just don't have time for that anymore, they have time for other things but not family.

Thank you for bringing back some wonderful memories.......

Sunday gathering

gathering-pumpkins-an-october-scene-in-n