An Old School Catholic Message Board

Update time!

TheresaThoma

TheresaThoma

Hi all, 

I haven't been on here in a while but I have some exciting news to share. I will be finishing up my year at Mater Redemptoris House of Formation in May. During that time I discerned that the Lord was calling me in a different direction than I originally thought. 

In January I visited two Benedictine communities. One just felt like home and so on May 13th I will be returning there for a 3 month live-in. I'm super excited but also a bit nervous.

As some of you know in the past my family and particularly my mom were very much opposed to my vocation. When I shared this news with my mom she was completely fine with it and is even slightly supportive. For me that is a miracle. 

I'm so very happy for you Theresa.............many prayers as you continue your discernment.

God Bless   :nun3:

Possibly discovering that she could live with you being away, and that she sees your happiness have helped. Ultimately every parent wants to see their children happy.

TheresaThoma, that is wonderful!  I'm curious (and you don't need to answer), do you have other siblings?  I kinda think parental angst sometimes comes from the natural desire for grandkids.  

TheresaThoma
7 hours ago, Quasar said:

TheresaThoma, that is wonderful!  I'm curious (and you don't need to answer), do you have other siblings?  I kinda think parental angst sometimes comes from the natural desire for grandkids.  

I have an older sister who is married with one child. I think that has helped a good bit.

:o)Katherine:o)

I was hoping that you would post an update! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and catching up! Safe travels :nun1:

MiserereMeiDeus

Very exciting news for you! May 13th is a very special day this year with the 100th anniversary of Our Lady's apparition in Fatima and little Jacinta and Francesco's canonization. What a great time to start your live in. Please remember us discerners in your prayers while you are there. I've been discerning consecrated virginity and it's going along very well. I made my first attempt to contact my Bishop and found out what I have to do next. Thank you so much! I will be remembering you in prayer as well.

HopefulBride
On 4/12/2017 at 2:24 PM, TheresaThoma said:

Hi all, 

I haven't been on here in a while but I have some exciting news to share. I will be finishing up my year at Mater Redemptoris House of Formation in May. During that time I discerned that the Lord was calling me in a different direction than I originally thought. 

In January I visited two Benedictine communities. One just felt like home and so on May 13th I will be returning there for a 3 month live-in. I'm super excited but also a bit nervous.

As some of you know in the past my family and particularly my mom were very much opposed to my vocation. When I shared this news with my mom she was completely fine with it and is even slightly supportive. For me that is a miracle. 

So good to hear from you and sooo happy to read this news.  

Shall I wait until after the time at MR is done to phone harass you?

TheresaThoma

Thank you for all the encouraging notes. I'm back at my mom's house now after 2 days of drivint. It is going to be a crazy week with logistics but I am trusting it will be good!

Please continue to keep TheresaThoma in your prayers! She arrived at the Benedictine Abbey today at 2pm and has begun her three-month live in! She will not have access to technology during this time. I know that she greatly appreciates your prayers! 

• 1 month later...

TheresaThoma is a little over a month into her three month live-in! I heard from some people that were able to see her during a visit at the monastery. She is doing well as can be expected going through transition. Being at the formation house this past year has been a huge help in that. Please continue to keep her in your prayers as she continues her discernment during this time of live-in with the community. Know that she keeps all of you in her prayers as well! :)