An Old School Catholic Message Board

Internet fraud, my work, problems with neighbourhood kids

beatitude

I'm frazzled. Firstly I've hit a dead end in my research - some people whom I was really hoping would agree to participate in my study have said no. I know this is all part of academic life, but it's still dispiriting when it happens. Please pray that God unlocks the right doors for me and leads me to the right people. Secondly, someone hacked into my eBay account and bought a very expensive smartphone. Please pray that eBay and PayPal deal with this promptly - I can't afford to make presents to fraudsters right now. Thirdly, over the last few days a group of boys in my neighbourhood (ten years old or so) have decided that my disability is very funny and whenever they see me in the street they're imitating how I walk and saying things like, "Hello, spastic," and, "Hi, retard." Today I spoke to them about it and explained that I've been giving them a chance to correct their own behaviour, but if this continues I will have no choice but to speak with their parents. They seemed chastened, but please pray that this translates into better behaviour - I'm stressed enough as it is and there is no reason for me to put up with rudeness in the street.

Finally, please pray that I get myself to confession soon. It's been a while.