An Old School Catholic Message Board

Serve without discrimination

little2add

little2add

7 hours ago, havok579257 said:

if a women comes in and requests a cake celebrating her abortion

why would someone celebrate killing, thats absurd.  

havok579257
3 hours ago, little2add said:

are you serious?  just look up pro abortion celebrations.

havok579257
3 hours ago, little2add said:

Yes, I'm serious as a heart attack.   You should Look up "morbid" 

gotcha.  so in your mind, facts don't matter?  some women (not a majority but a minority) celebrate their abortions.  Here I will make it easy for you, just go to the website shoutyourabortion dot com.  

The fact is people celebrate their abortions.  So now that the facts are out their, answer the question I posed.  Should a cake maker be forced to make a cake for someone who wants a cake celebrating their abortion?

little2add

No jury ( unlike the gay wedding ) in the world would convict a baker for not making such a cake. 

Gay weddings  are legal and accepted by the general population.   Whereas abortion is a  horrible tragedy for all involved.   

To answer your question; i would  bake that cake, if asked, but it would be a little bitter and might leave a bad taste in your mouth.  

Edited by little2add

havok579257
45 minutes ago, little2add said:

No jury ( unlike the gay wedding ) in the world would convict a baker for not making such a cake. 

Gay weddings  are legal and accepted by the general population.   Whereas abortion is a  horrible tragedy for all involved.   

To answer your question; i would  bake that cake, if asked, but it would be a little bitter and might leave a bad taste in your mouth.  

so its ok to force someone to make a cake against their faith as long as the majority of americans don't agree with that belief.  so morality is subjective to you.  there is no right or wrong and its just dependent upon what the majority of a country deems acceptable?  

polskieserce
14 hours ago, little2add said:

For the same reason why people celebrate two guys about to lose their backdoor v-cards :wacko:

1 hour ago, little2add said:

At one time, it was unthinkable to convict someone for refusing to do business with a homosexual.

little2add
6 hours ago, havok579257 said:

9 hours ago, little2add said:

Yes, I'm serious as a heart attack.   You should Look up "morbid" 

Should a cake maker be forced to make a cake for someone who wants a cake celebrating their abortion?

Everybody knows that you can't have your cake and eat it too.  :hehe2:

• 2 months later...
On 29/04/2017 at 1:37 PM, little2add said:

On Wednesday, the ACLU filed a lawsuit against Mercy San Juan Center in Carmichael, Calif., after the hospital — which is part of the Dignity Health chain in the state — refused to perform gender-reassignment surgery for a woman who wished to “transition” into a man.
The lawsuit argues that the denial was a violation of California’s Civil Rights Act, which, in part, prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation.

I call the essence of cow

Being trans isn't a sexual orientation. That's the first problem here. The issue I see is demanding a general and specific service that doesn't exist. The bakery example isn't an exact one. In that situation the bakery was making cakes and selling wedding cakes in particular. They simply refused to offer service and sell them to same sex couples. However, if the same sex couple sued the bakery for refusing to make and sell them apple pies then this shouldn't win if it's a service they don't offer anyone. The fact they are a same sex couple being refused apple pie is irrelevant in that situation.

The hospital shouldn't be forced to offer specific types of surgery if this isn't within their expertise and remit because someone demands it. Otherwise it would mean anyone could sue a hospital because it doesn't offer a specific service. The key here is there isn't a discriminatory exclusion between groups based on a protected characteristic. Why can't they simply get the surgery from a provider that offers it? Is there a problem within this persons insurance provision that limits them to this health group? Is it because of some sort of government agreement they are breaching? If not, then I can't see why there is a case?

In my mind the same would apply to abortions. The state dept could be sued for creating barriers but not a hospital simply not offering a service. Contraception and abortion insurance provision, for employees etc,  raises other questions. But in those cases I think it's a matter of choice if the person works there or not. 

Edited by Benedictus

• 2 weeks later...

The ACLU don't really have A CLuE sometimes. As for a conservative point of view - Jeffersonian - least government, I am for much of what the ACLU stands for. However, they're politically sabotaged. Much of the things they espouse to support take away freedom rather encouraging it, or growing upon freedom. Abortion is an annihilation of the human species. And forced gay weddings and/or baking cakes, is taking the freedom of the religious or bakery owner away. Wherefore both parties have the right to refuse. Refusing a cake isn't life threatening. Nor does the so-called freedom of being gay dependent on a cake. Abortion on demand, which is idiotic and stupid, is simply annihilating the chance of life for another human being. In fact, forcing hospitals which are premised upon healing, health, and medicine, are not in fact where human life gets devalued, removed, or cut off. Nor ended. The hospital is for longevity of one's life. Why bother with cancer treatments if you are going to eliminate human life?

Abortion is wrong. Period. End of subject. There's no debate. If you debate it, then you are morally mad. I get some people are bewitched by the idea of freedom of choice. Which there's no chance of freedom of choice for the life of the human lifeform dependent on the mother, when the life is being annihilated. And then, what choice occurs and gets propagated, when the very life in the mother's womb will never have a choice, which now get annihilated? Pretty sad and despotic. Well, in a manner of prayer, when we've tried playing by the rules of engagement with people in dialogue, I then pray that God may curse those who follow the abortion movement with the consequence of madness. And thereby those people will become the very nature of unreason they have found - irrational behavior. If God could curse Egypt, He can curse the abortion providers. And let their mad immoral outcome as Nietzche, Margaret Sanger, Hitler, Stalin, and Hirohto finally to become realized what such madness they espouse - eugenic! To hell with it. I do pray God Almighty give the full beast (unleash the Krakken) of their idiotic stupidity. And thus the efforts for abortion will crumble as Rome once fell. And that would be true and real Blessing.

Edited by GKStudent