An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dizziness and Unsteadiness

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

After seeing a neurotologist earlier this month, I am being treated for Meniere's disease even though I have not been given an official diagnosis since I am awaiting more tests.  I decided to start keeping a journal of my symptoms and I have noticed that my dizziness is increasing in severity and I am experiencing unsteadiness.  I get "attacks" where my vertigo gets really bad and my hearing fluctuates and my tinnitus gets REALLY loud.  This week, I had to stop in a parking lot while driving home from work because the world was spinning and I couldn't focus on anything in front of me.  My use of vestibular suppressant medication (benzodiazepine) has increased to where I'm taking a tablet almost every day.  

This Tuesday, I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor to have 2 tests done and then I'll meet with her right after to discuss the results.  She has already put me on a low-sodium diet which I have been following religiously and a low-dose diuretic.  Please say some prayers that I can get an official diagnosis and will be able to find the right treatment that helps me get rid of this constant vertigo.