An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholic phone apps

Jubilate Deo

Jubilate Deo

I can only vouch for iPhone 5 apps, because that's what I have. I don't know if these are also available on Android, etc.

Laudate - loaded with prayers, Mass readings (OF and EF), two Bible translations (Douay-Rheims Challoner and New American RE Bible), Vatican documents, EWTN, Liturgy of the Hours, etc.

EWTN - EWTN audio and video programming (their TV and radio programs).

Truth and Life - full RSV-2CE Bible, including a free audiobook of the Gospel of Mark.

Edited by Jubilate Deo

Credo in Deum

My favorite for iPhone

iPieta - An amazing app filled with devotions, Baltimore Catechism, Catechism of St. Thomas Aquinas, Church Fathers, Papal Documents, Mass Ordo, DR Bible w/ Haydock commentary and other bible commentaries, liturgical calendars for both OF & EF, and tons more. It's amesome.

BrevMeum - A traditional breviary for the divine office. Allows for either all Latin or Latin w/ English translation side by side along with other languages. Has the option to cache so if you know you will be without a data connection for a week etc then you will still be able to pray the office.

Fulton Sheen App - Made by Catholic MP3 Vault it is an app with library of talks and addresses given by Archbishop Fulton J Sheen. This company also has other Catholic Audio apps which are also very good.

John Paul

I have the Mary App. If you forget your rosary ( as I often do) you can pray it on here it also has meditations/scripture for each mystery. You can do an audio one to. It has A LOT of information on Mary.

The Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception, creators of the popular DIVINE MERCY APP, are pleased to release the MARY APP.

This FREE app offers a complete resource for information on the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus, in an easy to navigate format. The app has three main chapters with these features:

doctrine.jpg

DOCTRINE

• Introduction to Mary
  • Marian Dogmas
  • Titles of Mary
  • Marian Timeline
  • FAQs
  • Resources
devotion.jpg

DEVOTION

• Interactive Rosary with an audio option
  • Marian Consecration
  • Marian Sacramentals
  • Marian Feasts
  • Marian Chaplets
  • Marian Prayers
maryplus.jpg

MARY PLUS

• Images of Mary
  • Apparitions
  • Pilgrimage Sites
  • Information about the Congregation of Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception
  • Introduction to the Association of Marian Helpers
  • Link to online religious catalog

Mary’s whole task is to lead people closer to Jesus. The more we get to know her and have a fervent devotion to her, the better she can lead us to her Son. For this reason, the Second Vatican Council states, “Everyone should have a genuine devotion to [Mary] and entrust his life to her motherly care.”

I also have the Divine Mercy App. It has a lot of useful stuff such as the Interactive Chaplet, prayers, Novena, Stations of the Cross and a lot of other stuff.

Divine Mercy App

The Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception, who have promoted the authentic message of Divine Mercy since 1941, are pleased to release the OFFICIAL Divine Mercy App.

This FREE app offers the complete Divine Mercy message and devotion in an easy to navigate format. The app has three main chapters with these features:

message.jpg

THE MESSAGE

• Introduction to the message of Divine Mercy
  • Biography of St. Faustina
  • Hundreds of quotes from the Diary of St. Faustina organized according to themes.
  • Divine Mercy Timeline
  • Collection of the top 10 quotes on Divine Mercy from the “Mercy Popes”: John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI
  • List of recommended Divine Mercy resources
devotion.jpg

THE DEVOTION

• Interactive Chaplet of Divine Mercy with an audio option
  • Detailed explanation of the three ways to observe the Hour of Great Mercy
  • Stations of the Cross, complete with images and the text of St. Faustina's Way of the Cross
  • Images of Divine Mercy
  • Explanation of the Feast of Divine Mercy, also known as Divine Mercy Sunday, complete with answers to frequently asked questions
  • Novena to Divine Mercy and other popular Divine Mercy prayers
mercyplus.jpg

MERCY PLUS

• Information about the Congregation of Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception
  • Introduction to the Association of Marian Helpers
  • Links to the award-winning Marian Helper magazine
  • Information about Divine Mercy apostolates
  • Information about the National Shrine of The Divine Mercy, including pilgrimage information and spiritual renewal opportunities
  • Frequently updated articles on the message of Divine Mercy
  • A link to the online religious catalog of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception

According to Pope John Paul II, "There is nothing that man needs more than Divine Mercy." Moreover, Pope Benedict XVI said, "Devotion to Divine Mercy is not a secondary devotion, but an integral dimension of a Christian's faith and prayer." 

Get this app (available for Android devices or iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch), and discover why the message of Divine Mercy is the largest grassroots movement in the history of the Catholic Church. 

Divine Mercy — Love it. Live it. Tell a friend.

Taken from

I also have the Breviary Tunes. When I pray the breviary I never know the correct hymn tune. This helps a lot. You can listen to all the tunes besides the copyrighted ones such as "I am the Bread of Life" by  Sr. Suzanne Toolan.

Description

Playing the tunes of the Breviary has never been easier! For those that like to sing the Hymns recommended by the Breviary, the tunes are at your disposal. Search by Hymn Name, Tune, or Meter. Use the media controls to play the tune. The volume slider is an easy way to change the volume. Use the Number of Verses box to select the number of repeats.

Tap the settings icon for a quick how to, email and donation links, acknowledgements, and copyright information.

Works on any iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 and higher. 

Don't hesitate to email us with any questions, comments, or requests you may have. 

Please email -- BreviaryTunesApp at gmail dot com --

...More

Screenshots

iPhone Screenshot 1
iPhone Screenshot 2
iPhone Screenshot 3
iPhone Screenshot 4
iPhone Screenshot 5

Customer Reviews

Please add Lyrics? 

by OCDS Dave

Thank you for this wonderful app. 

Those of us sing breviary apps don't have the hymns listed by hymn number or title. By providing the lyrics below the music, you can provide a SIGNIFICANT help to those of us who pray the Hours as a community. Most likely f us either use the app, or use a book - and the hymns are always named by number or title. Using the lyrics found this n the Single Volume version would be great. Thanks!

...More
Assists your prayer 

by NY calendar user

This is a wonderful app which assists your prayer. Don't skip the hymns you don't know! You can include them with this great help. Simple tunes are so easy to use.

Great App 

by Rmilleta1

It is nice to be able to sing the corresponding hymns instead of just those you know!!!