An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosary Hill

Guest Rosary11

Guest Rosary11

I was looking for a credible charity to give to and I found this site about a place called Rosary Hill in NY.  Its a hospital mainly for cancer patients who are about to pass away.  The sisters care for them and they don't get money from Government or from the patients just from donations.  Has anyone ever known anyone who got care there?  I just want to make sure that the money goes to the care of the patients and what the sisters need to care for them versus some of the other charities that some of the money goes into the pockets of the company.  It seems like a beautiful place.

• 4 weeks later...

I looked at other Rosary Hill associations in other states using Charity Navigator. They all look decent. 

The Hawthorne Dominican sisters are as straight-arrow as they come. They care for patients with incurable cancer. They've been doing it for over a hundred years. They've been featured on Sixty Minutes, I think, for the good that they do. If you want to donate to a good cause, you won't find many that are better than this. (BTW, Rosary Hill is in Hawthorne, NY, but they have at least one other hospital - in Georgia?)