An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mom Is Having Surgery

Charbel

My Mom is having surgery on Monday and I'm going to be her primary caregiver for the next few weeks while she recovers. Please pray that the surgery goes well and that her health will benefit from its result. She's been suffering for more years than I've been alive and is really hoping to gain some relief from this procedure.

Please also pray that I will suffice as a caregiver and that this experience will help me to grow in love and charity, not only for her but for all people that I will encounter. I've been having some sleeping problems lately so I need to be able to get up in the morning before she rises so I can help her get up for the day and everything. I'll be preparing her food and doing all the other household chores, as well as my own obligations throughout the day so I'm going to need all the strength I can muster. I'm really hoping that the experience will help to humble us both since she has a hard time not being in control of what's going on around her and after a while I can tend to lose my temper on her. Really I want to use this time to more closely imitate Jesus and Mary as a preparation for monastic life. Our Lady of Fatima, Pray For Us!