An Old School Catholic Message Board

Result of fall

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

Since falling over a couple of weeks ago, I am now on 10 painkillers (three types spaced during the day and of different ingredients).  I had an XRay and cat scan yesterday.  My doctor is hoping to be able to give me a cortisone injection to help the pain.   The very worst will be as a result of the X-rays & Catscan, a hip replacement. On Tuesday, my brother will be taking me to try out a rollator or walker on wheels I have chosen.  The pain in my lower back and left leg is quite sharp and unrelenting - I can't even walk over to the shops nor stand for any length of time.  Being housebound with continual pain is getting me down psychologically.  I have my head above water.............just!

The worst for me personally will be if any of the above affects what I am doing as a volunteer for St Vinnies in my parish.

Thank you very much for a prayer and God's Will be done.........and may I work with the Grace of loving acceptance and creativity if things don't go as I am hoping.  May I please not get into lousy moods burdening others.