An Old School Catholic Message Board

More GI Problems

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Friday, I had horrible stomach pain and it persisted into Saturday.  At first, when I woke up, I thought I was fine and all better, so I proceeded to have some coffee and it went downhill from there.  The pain came back and I also kept getting urgent urges to use the restroom many times and I saw a lot of mucus, which is not normal for me.  I ended up taking 2 Pepcid AC tablets in the afternoon, but the pain persisted further and I wasn't able to go anywhere since I needed the restroom many times.  Finally, in the late evening, I felt better and was able to eat some dinner so I stuck with something bland at first and then felt well enough to eat some mixed berries and do some exercise (trying to lose weight).  I see my new gastroenterologist this Wednesday and I will definitely be mentioning this problem to her.  I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to order an upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy (I already had one last year with the old GI) to check for inflammation and ulcers.  I've been under a lot of stress lately, so I know my immune system is rather weak.  Plus, I'm wondering if there is not some intestinal inflammation occurring.  Please say some prayers that the new GI will be much better than the old one who acted as though I was a hypochondriac even though it was eventually discovered that I had a baseball-sized ovarian cyst.