An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dating and Relationship

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

After all the seemingly negative posts I've made, I'm finally able to post some good news.  I am currently chatting with a young man on Catholic Match - the 2nd one I've met - and we seem to be hitting it off very well.  He is very low-key and his personality is similar to mine from what I've witnessed in his writing.  This is a much better start than the 1st young man I was dating - I wasn't able to be patient with him and give him the time he needed for communication.  I ended up writing him and breaking it off because he's leaving this month and I don't know when I'll see him again.  The 2nd one started messaging me while I was still dating the 1st guy but we were not serious, so I decided to see which one seemed to mesh better.  Right away, I noticed I was clicking with the 2nd guy and we had many more things in common.  I started praying about it and realized that the 1st one needed to end so I could stop worrying about it and focus on the 2nd guy.  We've been getting to know each other thru email since he lives 3 hours from me, but we plan to meet face-to-face soon - we just need to find a good day for both of us.

Please say some prayers for me and A.  If it's meant to be, I know it will work out, but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet since we haven't met in person.  St. Raphael, patron of happy meetings, pray for us!