An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order for women ages 45-65

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

I encountered an order today that I have never heard about before! 

They are a really unique community in that they only accept older women, ages 45-65. Very cool. 

"The Eudist Servants Of The Eleventh Hour offers women an opportunity to follow a vocation later in life – a kind of “encore” dedicated to Our Lord. When candidates are accepted by the community, they are invited to spend nine months at Casa Corazon de Maria, in Tijuana, Mexico. This is a period of discernment and formation, before entering full time ministry or considering the profession of vows. We make and renew our vows of poverty, chastity, obedience and divine agape, on March 25 each year, the Feast of the Annunciation Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, or August 19, the Feast day of St. John Eudes. Servant candidates should be between the ages of 45 to 65.

The Eudist Servants Of The Eleventh Hour is made up of mature women who were called to a religious life later in life. All members must be self-supporting and provide for their own health care. Whenever that is not possible we try to assist. We do not live in common and we do not draw from a common fund. We are self-caring in that we provide for our own personal needs and contribute to the needs of our missions, as individual circumstances allow.

If you are a woman and believe you are called to serve the Lord, and are:

• single, widowed, or divorced with an annulment
  • are in good spirits
  • between the ages of 46-65
  • desire to live a life in service to the poor as a member of a religious community

If you meet these criteria, then becoming a Eudist Servant Of The Eleventh Hour may be appropriate for you."

For more information send an email message, or write at :

Eudist Servants of the 11th Hour
PO Box 434
Young Harris, Georgia 30582

From their website: https://eudistservants.org/becoming-a-eudist-servant-of-the-eleventh-hour/

" and with permission to take private vows, she put on a religious habit."  https://eudistservants.org/biography-of-mother-antonia-brenner/

The above is interesting where private vows are concerned.   I am presuming one would need the permission of one's bishop to be under private vows and wear a religious habit?   There is no mention in the above link of an annulment, only that Antonia was divorced.   I did think that the apostolate in which Antonia was serving might be best served in the wearing of a religious habit.

I have also noted that Mother Antonia Brennen was certainly an outstanding and remarkable woman.

More about Mother Antonia  (with images) HERE 

The above article is almost a step by step guide in how to form a religious community (in one instance) and being led by and under the guidance of The Holy Spirit and Divine Providence.

Our Australian Mother Mary of The Cross MacKillop had a different journey and one that was blest initially with much success and increase - and then by a period of intense suffering including malicious gossip - division within her religious order and her excommunication by an Australian bishop (later lifted).

We certainly cannot put Divine Providence and The Holy Spirit into a nice compact compartment.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

ToJesusMyHeart

In 2003 the Eudist Servants Of The Eleventh Hour community was formally accepted by Bishop Rafael Romo Munoz of Tijuana, Mexico.

The community’s mission is to minister to the poor and the needy, to bring to them the love of Jesus Christ. To accomplish this members must, in their hearts and in their lives, bear the pain of the poor, the imprisoned, the sick, the rejected, the forgotten and the abandoned children of God.

Members of the community serve, with the permission of the local Bishop, in a variety of locations in Mexico and the United States, and perform a variety of services.

Simple vows are taken for a one year period and then renewed annually, if mutually agreeable.

• 5 weeks later...

I was accepted into this order and stayed for about six months. Mother Antonia was an amazing charismatic woman who did exceptional work with prisoners in Mexico. I did find that their formation program was very hit and miss and only if it has become more grounded in classical training would I suggest this group. Since Mother's death the group has become less stable. There is a US formation house with Sr. John heading things up.

• 3 years later...
Sr. Anne Marie

There is no formation house in the US.  The only formation house is in Tijuana, Mexico.  For accurate & up-to-date information I would suggest going to the website.

Correct address for information is not in Georgia.  It is:

POB 530039

San Diego, CA  92153-0039

Daughters of Divine Hope also allow women 25 and above to enter their community. 

Daughters of Divine Hope

936-554-6120 (9am-5pm)

info@daughtersofdivinehope.org

Mailing Address:

Daughters of Divine Hope

1910 ESE Look 323, PMB 240

Tyler, TX 75701

I'm wondering how these Sisters manage to survive. Since each must maintain her own household (and Lord knows what costs for medical insurance for the US members), are they expected to work full-time at this centre? I cannot imagine they are paid well - I even wonder if they have to volunteer. 

On 6/24/2017 at 5:32 PM, ToJesusMyHeart said:

I encountered an order today that I have never heard about before! 

They are a really unique community in that they only accept older women, ages 45-65. Very cool. 

"The Eudist Servants Of The Eleventh Hour offers women an opportunity to follow a vocation later in life – a kind of “encore” dedicated to Our Lord. When candidates are accepted by the community, they are invited to spend nine months at Casa Corazon de Maria, in Tijuana, Mexico. This is a period of discernment and formation, before entering full time ministry or considering the profession of vows. We make and renew our vows of poverty, chastity, obedience and divine agape, on March 25 each year, the Feast of the Annunciation Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, or August 19, the Feast day of St. John Eudes. Servant candidates should be between the ages of 45 to 65.

The Eudist Servants Of The Eleventh Hour is made up of mature women who were called to a religious life later in life. All members must be self-supporting and provide for their own health care. Whenever that is not possible we try to assist. We do not live in common and we do not draw from a common fund. We are self-caring in that we provide for our own personal needs and contribute to the needs of our missions, as individual circumstances allow.

If you are a woman and believe you are called to serve the Lord, and are:

• single, widowed, or divorced with an annulment
  • are in good spirits
  • between the ages of 46-65
  • desire to live a life in service to the poor as a member of a religious community

If you meet these criteria, then becoming a Eudist Servant Of The Eleventh Hour may be appropriate for you."

For more information send an email message, or write at :

PO Box 434
Young Harris, Georgia 30582

From their website: https://eudistservants.org/becoming-a-eudist-servant-of-the-eleventh-hour/

I belonged to this order for a brief time. They have never been thorough with formation and you have to go to Mexico for formation. Mother Antonio was very charismatic and the sisters do great work however I don't feel it's safe to live in Mexico.