An Old School Catholic Message Board

50th Anniversary of Ordination Gift?

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

All suggestions much appreciated.  My SD will be celebrating his 50th Anniversary of Ordination and am invited, he is also a religious.  What could I give him?

Keep the cost down if you can please :like2:  Not that I am unwilling to spend on him - it's that my money tree is out of season just now.:pray:...........although the celebration is not until 27th July this year so I have time to put some pennies together.  I receive my pension fortnightly, so that means I now have 2 pays before the big celebration.

I did think of a spiritual bouquet including a number of Masses celebrated and that involves stipends (dollars) and of course rosaries prayed for him (he has great devotion to Our Lady and his Order is named in her honour), various prayers including novenas - all for his journey and intentions.  How valued are they today? - I never hear of them anymore.  Australia was once a mission country - I think that needs to be re-established the way things are going here.  Prayer for Cardinal Pell and all victims/perpetrators of abuse.

You know, with a bit of a think, Father really would value a spiritual bouquet.  I could also give him a basket nicely done up with fruit and chocolates as well, packets of biscuits.  I think he would really appreciate that too.  There is only him and another priest in his community here so the basket would not have to stretch far..........makes me think of the loaves and fishes :)  

I just thought too - I could include in a spiritual bouquet a special prayer for him and his priesthood prayed daily for one year, or even five if I get really carried away (surf the net for it with some pushing and pulling so it is very personal for Father).

That sounds ok to me?

God bless and thank you.   All other suggestions much appreciated indeed.