An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Dayz

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

So what are some of the things you guys are doing this Summer?  

I've been sick with accute bronchitis and just got around to watching the Matrix trilogy for the very first time (yes, I've never seen it before!)  Now I understand most of Mikolbe's terminology.  lol  That movie is filled with so much religious symbolism.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  

I don't have any vacation plans this summer, but where I live, there are plenty of things to do on the weekends: tubing, swimming, Schlitterbahning, boozing, dancing, professional baseball games, professional soccer, drive-in theatres, shopping, etc. etc. etc.

I have a full time job and won't have any vacation days until September.  I'm thinking of driving down to Alabama and visiting EWTN.  

He is Risen!

Schlitterbahning!  Do you also live in Kansas City?  If so, you should come down for the Catholic Beer Drinking club meetup down in Overland Park, I think it's on the 23rd.

dominicansoul

No I live close to the original schlitterbahn.  That's too bad because I would have loved to be a part of catholic beer drinking club!  For those who do not know, schlitterbahn is the worlds best water park.  

Maximilianus

Schlitterbahn, kind of sounds ominous, like "Throw the prisoner on the rack, no, throw the prisoner in... THE SCHLITTERBAHN! Muhuhuhhaahahah." or something like that.

CatherineM

We've had 29 summer students for the last two months, and most of them have finished their work. Doing some genealogy when it's too hot. Doing some disc golf when it's cooler. I'm installing a motor on the adult trike I got my husband for his birthday and I can't get the controller from the motor to talk to the battery so I'm headed to the store for new connectors. 

• 2 weeks later...

4 day road trip to St. Louis to see Cardinals games. Went with my three brothers and dad.  They swept the Phillies :)

1 Week at Lake Harmony - Poconos, PA

4 days Webelos Adventure Camp - Midland, NC

1 week in Hilton Head Island - Hilton Head, SC

5 days at a User Conference -  Palm Springs, CA

4 day golf trip - Myrtle Beach, SC

3 day camp trip at Sadlers Creek State Park to observe the total solar eclipse - Anderson, SC

Edited by Papist

On 7/7/2017 at 8:59 PM, Maximilianus said:

Schlitterbahn, kind of sounds ominous, like "Throw the prisoner on the rack, no, throw the prisoner in... THE SCHLITTERBAHN! Muhuhuhhaahahah." or something like that.

It's a fun word to say! Instead of saying 'oh s***', you can say 'oh schlitterbahn'.... keep 'em guessing... 

dominicansoul
On 7/19/2017 at 8:08 AM, Papist said:

4 day road trip to St. Louis to see Cardinals games. Went with my three brothers and dad.  They swept the Phillies :)

3 day camp trip at Sadlers Creek State Park to observe the total solar eclipse - Anderson, SC

DAAAAAANG nice!!!!!!

21 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

I am spending the summer studying. Yay college! :P

I work at a college, so I'm at school year round. :P 

On 2017-07-19 at 8:08 AM, Papist said:

I wanna go too!

On 7/19/2017 at 2:13 PM, Makarioi said:

It's a fun word to say! Instead of saying 'oh s***', you can say 'oh schlitterbahn'.... keep 'em guessing... 

Sounds like a bathroom in Boston. "I'm heading to the schlitterbahn!"

1 hour ago, Era Might said:

Sounds like a bathroom in Boston. "I'm heading to the schlitterbahn!"

Or something kind of millionaire stuffy like: Bentley, (bennnntlay) take me to the schlitterbahn......