An Old School Catholic Message Board

Brooklyn man threatens nun at prayer on video

DameAgnes

I'm not sure that's right. I don't think they're Preachers of Christ and Mary. I think this is a newer group of sisters, if my memory serves. 

what order is this.jpg

2 hours ago, DameAgnes said:

I'm not sure that's right. I don't think they're Preachers of Christ and Mary. I think this is a newer group of sisters, if my memory serves. 

what order is this.jpg

It was so reported in the news link I posted, including the picture of a sister in this habit.

truthfinder

I'm pretty sure that's the epigram on her scapular I saw in the video.

Sad for everyone involved - man seems to be in a rough way, and scary for sister.

On ‎7‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, OnlySunshine said:

I hope he is given some mental health help

I agree for sure.   I would like to add for we sufferers of mental illness that not all sufferers are in any way violent or prone to it as a factor intrinsic to all MI. :)  The aforesaid, Sunshine, is for my benefit (and fellow sufferers of MI), not to contest in any way at all what you have said. In fact I very much agree with you that I hope the man in question is assessed for mental illness and MI help. :) 

https://www.sane.org/mental-health-and-illness/facts-and-guides/fvm-mental-illness-and-violence (SANE Australia is a respected site here in Aust)

This Sister underwent a truly traumatic event that might have repercussions on her over an extended period.  Prayer for her wellbeing as well as the man.  I had my life threatened over the phone and that was nothing compared to what Sister endured.

OnlySunshine
16 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

I agree for sure.   I would like to add for we sufferers of mental illness that not all sufferers are in any way violent or prone to it as a factor intrinsic to all MI. :)  The aforesaid, Sunshine, is for my benefit (and fellow sufferers of MI), not to contest in any way at all what you have said. In fact I very much agree with you that I hope the man in question is assessed for mental illness and MI help. :) 

https://www.sane.org/mental-health-and-illness/facts-and-guides/fvm-mental-illness-and-violence (SANE Australia is a respected site here in Aust)

This Sister underwent a truly traumatic event that might have repercussions on her over an extended period.  Prayer for her wellbeing as well as the man.  I had my life threatened over the phone and that was nothing compared to what Sister endured.

I have mental health issues myself - depression and anxiety (I have also struggled with PTSD).  I'm in agreement and mental health support is necessary to keep the problems from getting worse.  I would hope the justice system would recognize that he has an illness and provides needed help. :)

Hi Sunshine - You have quite a burden in your own problems and very sorry indeed to read that you do.

In no way whatsoever did I mean my comments to be critical of you nor what you posted with which I very much agree wholeheartedly.  Mine was an addition and I just wanted to add something to what you posted for those of us who do suffer mental illness as well as any person reading (Pham is a public forum on the net) as many do think that most all sufferers of MI are/can be prone to violence (especially bizarre types of violence) and this is not so, which statistics reveal. In fact we are more likely statistically to be victims of violence. 

I sincerely apologise if I in any way offended you - in no way was it deliberate :) 

OnlySunshine
1 hour ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Hi Sunshine - You have quite a burden in your own problems and very sorry indeed to read that you do.

In no way whatsoever did I mean my comments to be critical of you nor what you posted with which I very much agree wholeheartedly.  Mine was an addition and I just wanted to add something to what you posted for those of us who do suffer mental illness as well as any person reading (Pham is a public forum on the net) as many do think that most all sufferers of MI are/can be prone to violence (especially bizarre types of violence) and this is not so, which statistics reveal. In fact we are more likely statistically to be victims of violence. 

I sincerely apologise if I in any way offended you - in no way was it deliberate :) 

In no way did you offend me, but thanks for the apology regardless.  I appreciate your prayers. :)