An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saint of disabled & those rejected by religious order

BarbTherese

BarbTherese

ST. HENRY

HERE

Facts

Feastday: July 13
Patron of the childless, of Dukes, of the handicapped and those rejected by Religious Order
Death: 1024

(Handicapped meaning: "(of a person) having a condition that markedly restricts their ability to function physically, mentally, or socially")

Apparently "handicapped" has gone on to the politically incorrect list, to be replaced by "disabled" - the politically incorrect list that seems to me to get longer and longer. HERE  
Reading another thread in VS where meaning of words/translation comes into play, we are becoming almost like a modern tower of Babel where language is concerned (Genesis Chapter 11, Verse 1 - 9 ...  Douay Rheims Translation).

Sponsa-Christi
2 minutes ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Patron of the childless, of Dukes, of the handicapped and those rejected by Religious Order

Wow--I think it's really great we have a saint for this!

Precisely what I thought too.

I also thought a good saint too if one is having problems re a potential call and vocation to religious life, or even those within religious life having a struggle.  I know it might be stretching it.........but I am a stretch it type of person.  Goodness - just went off to Google to find meaning of "stretch it" generally today.  Goodness gracious me!

Here is my meaning of "to stretch it" HERE: a bit of a stretch. A mild exaggeration beyond the truth or what is likely the case. I'm not too fond of taxes either, but it's a bit of a stretch to claim they are the cause of all our problems. A: "The government is covering up all sorts of extraterrestrial activity."