An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass is expensive for just 3 people...

dUSt

I don't like posting stuff like this, but as you can see, the "active" monthly donations to phatmass are only $15/month. Our web hosting bill alone is $49.50. That means I'm paying $34.50 a month out of my own pocket just to keep the site online. With 4 kids and an expensive wife (jk Mashriki) I don't know if I can afford it much longer. 1f641.png:( If you know someone who can sign up for a $5 monthly donation, it will only take 7 more people for phatmass to break even every month. Please share if you care!

http://phatmass.com/donate

active-donors.PNG.ab75f3b19213487346b4bdd6c7158548.PNG

It says here that 82 people stopped their monthly donations. Wow.

Will see how I can help If possible.

What about the stuff like music and shirts?

Edited by Seven77

is it okay if I send a one time donate of 60 beans? + $1.00

have you considered something like a $1.00 a month subscription fee?  I would be on board with that.

PS:  its worth it

16 hours ago, dUSt said:

an expensive wife

your cruisin for a bruisin, mister with that remark :lol2:

define "expensive"?

41 minutes ago, little2add said:

your cruisin for a bruisin, mister with that remark :lol2:

Long time since I have heard "cruising for a bruising"..........

...........meanwhile, back to the ranch and the topic..................

Edited by BarbaraTherese

dairygirl4u2c

if you had six to ten grand you could just let the interest and returns ride and pay for itself. i'm sure you've spent that much since the site began. of course, someone had to pay the fees in the mean time, but the point still stands. maybe you could have a fund raiser and invest the proceeds. an endowment, of sorts. 

Dust, I think you may want to consider that Phatmass Message board may not be fulfilling Phatmass' mission and that there may be free tools, like facebook, youtube or other more relevant ways to proclaim your message these days.  The boards are ok on their own, but they seem to have lost their way.  There are a few posters on here who are reliable, but for the most part, it's a smattering of faithful lonely, antagonists and flat out idiots.

Also, without the forum, you could switch to a cheaper domain website hoster that's more to the tune of $70 a year, not $50 a month.

Edited by hotpink

22 hours ago, hotpink said:

it's a smattering of faithful lonely, antagonists and flat out idiots.

I'd love to see you list some members in each category.

dairygirl4u2c

i admit i'm usually an antagonist. sometimes i'm reliable. back when the debate table was popping that's the only place i ever ventured. times have changed, but my phatmass habit hasn't. 

2 hours ago, dUSt said:

I'd love to see you list some members in each category.

Well, Fetus Priest is better now (although he's not really on anymore) and he was definitely an antagonist.   I'm not going to name people in either of the other 2 categories because they've either very generously shared their life journey of being lonely (at times) or they are idiots and you've already been informed of why.