An Old School Catholic Message Board

R.I.P. Chester

dominicansoul

5 hours ago, Seven77 said:

That scene in the "The Mission" almost moved me to tears.

I would agree that fulfillment is not always clear-cut, but at the same time, there is an objective sense of fulfillment for everyone. It's just the path of getting there is subjectively different for people. It's a matter of empathy, understanding, and discerning how to direct people towards their particular path for fulfillment, just as the Jesuit priest suggested that penance for Roderigo.

Yeah that movie is amazing. The scene where Robert DeNiro reads St. Paul's teaching on love gets me every time. Makes me want to be a Jesuit.

I played lots of Linkin Park when I was working through and out some difficult times. So sad he is gone. The loss of Chris Cornell must have been tough on him. Prayers for all his friends and family. Prayers also for the Housekeeper who found him -  that must have been awful too. :(

dominicansoul

image.png.f53c6e862d6419b24780a21aa66cb6a8.png

Chester's funeral was privately held on Saturday.  Here is what the Band Members gave out to attendees: lanyard tickets, pins, program and wristbands.  I particularly love the wristband that says, "GOD'S GOT THIS."

According to news reports, the Band and Chester's loved ones were completely surprised by his suicide.  Members of the band say Chester was extremely excited about the future, he was making plans for their upcoming tour and enthusiastically working on new material.  Makes me wonder...

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

According to news reports, the Band and Chester's loved ones were completely surprised by his suicide.  Members of the band say Chester was extremely excited about the future, he was making plans for their upcoming tour and enthusiastically working on new material.  Makes me wonder...

I do think lots of people mask their interior worlds though -  partly as they're so complicated and layered. Spirals can be hard to see a way out of. But lots of suicides do seem impulsive though. There are accounts of survivors who have said they just come over with grief and emotion -  they were consumed - and then just did it. This makes sense I guess with those cases where people are sending emails, ordering stuff, making appointments for the future on the day they commit suicide. I read a case where a woman prepared dinner. Put it on the table for her family and then went and jumped off a building. It's scary on lots of levels!

There are a lot of commemoration kind of events all over the US… I think I'm

8 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

image.png.f53c6e862d6419b24780a21aa66cb6a8.png

Chester's funeral was privately held on Saturday.  Here is what the Band Members gave out to attendees: lanyard tickets, pins, program and wristbands.  I particularly love the wristband that says, "GOD'S GOT THIS."

There are all these commemoration events all over the US… I think I would like to go to one of those.

• 1 month later...

The group came out with a new video last week.  It's in honor of Chester, but the eerie thing is, he's singing the words that are now meant for him...

It's been a little over two months. I still can't get over it. This has never happened to me before, where someone I never met, yet feel like i knew and even loved...left the world and left me mourning...
I'm begging God to let him into His Kingdom...May you rest in peace, Chester...

• 4 weeks later...