An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mississippi Recognizes Unborn Rights

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

...The Mississippi Supreme Court has issued a landmark ruling that recognizes an unborn child as a

person with rights. The ruling paves the way for wrongful death lawsuits on behalf of unborn

children to proceed. The court's decision said that a child who has developed so that he or she moves

in the mother's womb is a legally defined person protected by Mississippi law. Pat Cartrette,

director of Right to Life of Jackson, says the ruling is definitely a step in the right direction. She

says 3,500 "quick" babies -- babies that can swim inside of the womb -- were aborted in

Mississippi in 2001, but the court's 2003 ruling pushes the issue out to society and challenges what she

calls the nation's "schizophrenic attitude toward unborn babies." Cartrette insists that individuals

must look at the facts and decide to protect "these little humans." She adds that pro-abortion

forces are in an uproar because, more than anything, they fear any ruling that reinforces the

personhood of an unborn child

cmotherofpirl

other news......The Supreme Court of Kentucky has ruled that two families cannot sue for "wrongful life" after

their children were born with profound birth defects. The families believe their doctors should

have advised them to abort. One of the justices ruling on the case compared the idea of suing for

wrongful life to the philosophies of the Nazi regime under Adolf Hitler. Michael Janocik with the

Kentucky Right to Life Association agrees, saying adopting such an idea would render human life into

a system of eugenics in which only those who met certain criteria would be permitted to exist and

those who failed to meet those standards would be snuffed out. Janocik says the suit shows how

abortion on demand diminishes the value of human life. The pro-life spokesman says the very idea that

another human being's life, no matter how challenged by disability or illness, constitutes an

illegitimate or wrongful existence is a chilling one.

Jake Huether

other news......The Supreme Court of Kentucky has ruled that two families cannot sue for "wrongful life" after

their children were born with profound birth defects. The families believe their doctors should

have advised them to abort. One of the justices ruling on the case compared the idea of suing for

wrongful life to the philosophies of the Nazi regime under Adolf Hitler. Michael Janocik with the

Kentucky Right to Life Association agrees, saying adopting such an idea would render human life into

a system of eugenics in which only those who met certain criteria would be permitted to exist and

those who failed to meet those standards would be snuffed out. Janocik says the suit shows how

abortion on demand diminishes the value of human life. The pro-life spokesman says the very idea that

another human being's life, no matter how challenged by disability or illness, constitutes an

illegitimate or wrongful existence is a chilling one.

OOOooooh! That really pisses me off. Imagine those babies. They WILL learn one day that their parents didn't want them. Those parents have NO right to even bring life into the world if they want it "thier way". Rrrrr! If only I had 5 minutes alone with those people!

You know what I've never understood? Why is it that when a pregnant mother is murdered it is a double homicide and courts recognize the baby as life, yet it's okay to abort that same baby?

You know what I've never understood? Why is it that when a pregnant mother is murdered it is a double homicide and courts recognize the baby as life, yet it's okay to abort that same baby?

You really wanna know? It's because too many judges and legislators have their heads up their asses!

You really wanna know?  It's because too many judges and legislators have their heads up their asses!

Dave, Dave, Dave.......................

That will be .25 cents in the potty mouth jar :lol:

MORight2Life

The court's decision said that a child who has developed so that he or she moves in the mother's womb is a legally defined person protected by Mississippi law.

You know what continuously just floors me?! Unlike the pro-aborts, who will not compromise and say that all abortion should be legal, some pro-lifers will compromise. I thought we were supposted to be "ProLife: Without Compromise, Without Apology." This ruling talks about a "child who has developed so that he or she moves in the mothers womb." There's the catch. Well, what about the children deemed "unable to move," or "too young to move?" Do they not also have a right to life? C'Mon! What's up with that?

There was an interesting article on the partial birth abortion bill talking about how pro-lifers sometimes compromise without thinking....I'll post it if I find it.

I pray for the day when all unborn-- from the moment of conception onward-- will be considered "people."

Be God's

-Michelle

Edited by MORight2Life

MORight2Life

Here's the article I was talking about, from Rock for Life.org You'd be better off just clicking on that link, because my PC (with the parental controls) **Bleeps** out certain words, so some parts may not make sense in the article below.

The Partial Birth Abortion Ban, should we be thrilled?

I have heard so much about this partial birth abortion ban. Everyone who knows what I do always talks about this bill and how great it is that it will finally pass. It is not just pro-lifers that are talking about this; the pro-abortion groups are talking up a storm also. They cry out that this is President Bush's first step in banning all abortion.

It is funny how a lot of my friends don't understand how the pro-abortion groups could support even partial birth abortion. "How can they support this? This is so obviously wrong and gruesome," they ask. It's quite simple. The pro-abortion side will not compromise at all -- something I cannot say about the pro-life side.

As you might be able to tell by the tone of this commentary I am not jumping for joy about this partial birth abortion bill. In fact if I were a congressman I would have voted against it. Are you shocked? Are you puzzled? What should puzzle you is how come we can't stand up against something so evil as the of an child without compromising.

First of all let me say that partial birth abortion is no worse than any other abortion. It is an instant for the child. The fact is that every abortion, whether it is from the pill, suction, partial-birth abortion or any od, is the of an child and is wrong. The pro-life movement has somehow forgotten about all the other children and for several years has focused 95% of its time and money on just this one type of abortion.

I would have no problem voting for a bill that simply states, "stop all partial birth abortions." However, that is not what this bill states. Unlike the pro-aborts, we were more than willing to compromise. In fact we went ahead and put a compromise in the bill, even before the pro-aborts had a chance to. This bill contains an exception that permits the procedure in certain cases alleged to be threatening to the mother's life. How can delivering a baby up to his neck and then him help save a woman's life?

This bill will not save a single life; there are other forms of late term abortion that can still be used. This bill is nothing more than a trophy for congressmen who want to pacify pro-lifers so they don't have to deal with us. This is the proverbial bone being thrown to us and for the most part the pro-life movement is buying it.

We will never win this battle as long as we compromise the truth. We have no foundation to stand on if we do not stand on the truth. Abortion is always the of an human child. If we say that in certain circumstances that it is ok, then in reality it is always ok. I for one will never compromise even one single child. God is the creator of every single life -- EVERY ONE. He created the children that are conceived through . He created the children conceived through incest. He created the children who have health problems. He created every single child, and we can never make an exception to allow for the of even one of those children.

If you want to see abortion end in this country, it is not going to come through phony trophy legislation like the partial birth abortion ban. It will come when we as Christians stop compromising and start standing up for every single child. It will happen when Christians get off their duffs and start acting like abortion is . It will end when we stop treating abortion like a political issue and start treating it like what it is, a holocaust that has already taken over 43 million lives, and still counting.

For the voiceless,

Bryan Kemper (Founder of Rock for Life)

Be God's!

-Michelle

Edited by MORight2Life