Sign in to follow this  
Mr Cameron

The Salvation Army

Mr Cameron    50
Mr Cameron

I also wonder how grace can be infused into a soul that is still under the affliction of original sin? Which, we assume, the Salvationist's soul ought still to be.

But then again, an individual that has grown up a Salvationist all his life is utterly convinced of his church's teaching. So, he might be content and absolutely sure he's going to heaven so long as he acts morally and spiritually. I wonder so much about this!

BarbaraTherese    1,912
BarbaraTherese

While we humans are bound by the rules of logic and reason more or less, God is not.  For myself personally, I cannot conceive of a Good and Just, All Merciful God, Who Is Love for all His creatures, rejecting in some way a person who has lived a good life or even a person who has sinned seriously and repents.  Both the previous being unbaptised. 

Once in Catholicism, in our history, an unbaptised with water person could not enter Heaven under any circumstances.  Later, The Church proclaimed baptism of blood and also of desire.  As Catholics, we do tend to think we know it all full stop, nothing more to know.  However, the depth of Scripture and the Mystery of God are an endless treasure as our history does reveal.