An Old School Catholic Message Board

Revelation 17:4

dUSt

So, I was talking to a group of Church of God people in Wal-Mart. lol

They used Revelations 17:4 to "prove" to me that the Catholic Church was "the beast".

And the woman was clothed round about with purple and scarlet, and gilt with gold, and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand, full of the abomination and filthiness of her fornication. 

The "proof" was that the woman wears purple--and since the pope is sometimes seen in purple, well, there ya go. LOL

I got invited to their Bible study! I can't wait! I'm thinking I'll at least get a few of them to re-think their views on Catholicism, as I was already starting to make a couple of them question their approach in the baking section of Wal-Mart. hahaha

I had two supermarket encounters with a group that wanted me to consider God as Mother. I told them I had a heavenly mother already - the Blessed Virgin Mary. They also wanted me to come to a bible study...

Purple is the traditional colour of royalty. That's because to dye something purple requires a certain dye that in ancient times was very expensive. Only royalty could afford it. Today it is the colour for lawyers to wear on their graduation hoods. 

10 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

Today it is the colour for lawyers to wear on their graduation hoods. 

I think we have a clear candidate for the beast right here!