An Old School Catholic Message Board

Disrespecting the rosary or just encouraging people to pray?

dUSt

TBH I have no idea. It sounds fine to me, assuming people actually say the Rosary...and if they don't that's on them! I initially reacted by thinking it's a way to share the faith in a friendly way and encourage rosary praying! Sure anything online runs the risk of being trivialised, but the rosary is not Holy Mass...well it's the Holy Rosary. But still. My alarm bells aren't immediately going off as long as people remain sincere. 

Not like I'm any authority though, just my initial impression.

I don't see a problem with it and it's great that you're doing it. We need more of it!! Maybe it's the like/love thing folks are getting twisted over. 

Having read that post and comments that followed it, I think that dude overacted and most probably has serious anger management issues.

I mean, it's no substitute for sitting down and actually praying the rosary consciously but it's nothing to get so worked up about.  Praying the prayers of the Rosary while on Facebook is better than not praying the prayers of the Rosary while on Facebook, while in no way a substitute for stepping away from the computer to pray the Rosary… That's my view.

Ash Wednesday

Let me get this straight.

Cat videos, asinine political arguments and memes are fine, but the prayers of the rosary are somehow a problem. Okay then. :|

(Not that I don't love a good cat video.)