An Old School Catholic Message Board

Preparation for entry to Religious community

JJJPK

TheresaThoma

Hi!

I hope things are going better for you now. But I thought that I would just throw my 2 cents in as well. You are about to make a major life change and so it naturally will be hard. So keep things simple and be gentle with yourself when you aren't able to meet all your goals. You aren't going to be perfect and the community is not expecting you to be perfect. Just try to keep up with what you were doing before. I agree with Francis Clare about talking to the formation directress she can probably give you the best advice about what to do (and what to avoid)

Saintclare2009

I would like to give advice too. I hope and pray you will enter, as Satan hates godly people ( none of us are perfect, only Jesus is) he knows our heart, character and motives. God knows you are trying hard to do what's right, and he is pleased with our efforts in trying to love and obey him. There are a couple of books I would recommend. St Therese, story of a soul. Nights bright darkness is a wonderful book, it's about an atheist ( not that you or I are at all of course, but she falls in love Jesus and is head over heels in love with our Lord!( She is now Catholic) it's by Sally read and her conversion, which we all need our hearts to be renewed and realize loving and obeying Jesus is all that matters! It can be done! By depending on our comforter, the holy spirit who lives in our heart! God bless you, we all struggle with sin, if anyone days they don't, I would then worry. But you are on the right track... keep going as Jesus will never leave your side. :)