An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

dairygirl4u2c

the stuff about obama being an international student is deemed false by a basic internet search. plus if it was true trump never mentioned it. he had no basis other than obama was black. i guess you could stretch that his dad was  non US citizen, but you know it wouldn't have been an issue with someone white with a forigen parent

the judge thing is also deemed false by internet. trump never gave a baiss for his accusations other than he was mexican. 

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

As for the Mexican Judge, I'M HISPANIC and I know EXACTLY what Trump was referring to!! There is a shade of hispanics who put the color of their skin FIRST.  This Judge had been active in LA RAZA, look it up.  It's another KKK group except the members are brown.  Same hate, different color.  

only white people are racist and hateful,  everyone else is just trying to free themselves from white oppression.  

IMG_2032.thumb.JPG.885d1172185ab3b1a2caa5cb49653c97.JPG

Just look at what white poeple do. When they aren't hating they are culturally appropriating and destroying   

Edited by vee
Typo

4 hours ago, little2add said:

Shame on the politicians who are trying to push blame on President Trump for what happened in Charlottesville, VA. That’s absurd. What about the politicians such as the city council who voted to remove a memorial that had been in place since 1924, regardless of the possible repercussions?

How about the city politicians who issued the permit for the lawful demonstration to defend the statue? And why didn’t the mayor or the governor see that a powder keg was about to explode and stop it before it got started?

Exactly!  And where are the state and local politicians now?  Why is trump expected to do everything perfectly all the time but others it doesn't matter. 

Oh but ds it's ok for that lawmaker to say those things because she's black and saying them against an evil white person. 

*sigh*

For the people who always defend Trump, no matter what stupid thing he does do or does not do, your credibility is moot. Toeing the line, that's all.

dominicansoul

Antifa violence:  you're wearing the wrong shirt

Pro-Trump-Berkeley-4.jpg

Antifa:  let's pepper spray the elderly man wearing the wrong hat, cos, you know, NAZI!!!

Pro-Trump-Berkeley-1.jpg

On 8/17/2017 at 11:42 AM, dUSt said:

The fact that he says stuff like "good people on both sides", when one of the sides is Nazi's and White Supremacists. It's a dumb thing to say, and in my opinion, only something someone who is racist would say. I cannot understand how a non-racist person would make a statement like this.

He never says stuff like that when talking about ISIS. I'm sure he doesn't believe there are "good people on both sides" when one side is ISIS. Only a person who sympathizes or can justify the actions of the other side would use this type of language.

I agree his words were stupid - a lot of what he says is stupid.  However, don't pick out the white supremacists and nazis without ALSO picking out Antifa, which is at least as bad.  They are the alt-left, and there is evidence that they started the violence in this case.

NOTE: I am not advocating either group.  They are both vicious, violent, disgusting groups whose members are risking eternal damnation.

Those pictures have absolutely no context. But regardless, you fail to understand the difference between unprovoked violence, and violence as a reaction to violence.

Let's say someone molested a child, made the kid's life a living hell. Screwed him up a whole lot. Anyhow, kid grows up, finds the molester, and stabs him 26 times. Talk about legality, talk about morality, but the perpetrator became a murder because he was made a victim.

The above is not a perfect or exact analogy, but there is a long and ugly history of racism in America, and it is a legacy that persists still today. So while there may be hate and violence on many sides, on many sides, you two ds and vee seem to fail to understand the context in which this violence occurs. One side's violence arises from a loss of power/privilege/esteem and the other side's violence is in reaction to various forms of unjust oppression. Those two things aren't equal. If the former goes away, the latter has less reason to exist. If the latter goes away, the former remains, as it precedes reactionary violence.

But you want to just say it's all the same. It's on both sides. Both are responsible. And you can post as many pictures of bloody Trump protesters as you want. That's just a strawman. No one is saying that blacks/liberals/anti-kkk/(insert any historically oppressed group or any of their sympathizers here) are innocent lambs, or that they never employ violence. That's a strawman. I'm not even making any moral claims about if that violence is appropriate, i.e. is it the right course of action. But I can understand people reacting with violence, to people who are hellbent on retaining a power structure that benefits them at the expense of others.

But I'm glad you find this amusing.

dairygirl4u2c

trump didn't qualify that the racists were the ones who were by far mostly in the wrong. nothing he said was untrue but it was in poor taste and did a disservice to the victims the way he said it.

You forgot a couple 

gee, it's kind of good that there isn't a democrat in the White House right now  I mean with the racist history of the Democratic Party and all you'd have to get rid of them!

IMG_2039.thumb.JPG.da6b10a747fb2665c8b38294af41aa12.JPGIMG_2038.PNG.115115310b6d7d7a01307ea90a8b5c8c.PNG

dairygirl4u2c

the focus should be on what the racists and donald did wrong. anything else is only tangental to the main focus. that so many people want to turn this into democrat bashing just shows that they are partisans and not all that objective minded. 

I guess the antifa leftists didn't do anything wrong then. They didn't come ready to fight either (they did) They hadn't registered their demonstration with the city too (they did). They hadn't already clashed before on July 8 with the same group in the same place (they did). Its not like one side was so peaceful, holding flowers and saying love your enemy!  Both sides came mostly from other places specifically ready to rumble. 

• dUSt featured this topic