An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

By the way, no sane person thinks kids fighting for a rag color and a city block and killing eachother in bloodfeuds is a good thing. Gang members are sympathetic precisely because they are so deluded and stuck in a cycle of violence which has nothing to do with being black. Bloodfeuds are as old as man, read Beowulf. The Confederacy is the equivalent of people 150 years from now glorifying the rag colors of the bloods and crips because their block has been displaced.

25 minutes ago, Era Might said:

The Confederacy is the equivalent of people 150 years from now glorifying the rag colors of the bloods and crips because their block has been displaced.

Fitting analogy

dominicansoul

1 hour ago, Era Might said:

Huh? What does this have to do with anything? I'm sure Trump will pause ti remember the good people on the streets of Chicago.

The point is I find all the attention and energy wasted on trump the Nazi racist bigot  ridiculous because the real satanic hatred  that's out there gets so little attention.  it doesn't fit the narrative of the American hating liberal.  

I also find it ironic  liberals are so triggered by the confederacy because of slavery when these same liberals are quick to defend abortion.  Slavery and abortion both dehumanize human beings and both ignore the dignity of their human persons.  Liberals have more in common with the confederacy than trump does.  That's  why I can't take their protests and their calling out trump seriously.  

50 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

it doesn't fit the narrative of the American hating liberal. 

Yes, there is a fundamental political difference in this country. For the Right, the threat is poor blacks and browns, and we need rich white men to protect us. The Left has the opposite narrative, that the threat is rich white men and we need to gather the poor blacks, browns and poor whites to take power from rich white men (Trump).

At some point, politics is a fundamental difference, and society has to fight it out. Will this be a country for rich white men? We will see.

KnightofChrist
32 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Yes, there is a fundamental political difference in this country. For the Right, the threat is poor blacks and browns, and we need rich white men to protect us. The Left has the opposite narrative, that the threat is rich white men and we need to gather the poor blacks, browns and poor whites to take power from rich white men (Trump).

At some point, politics is a fundamental difference, and society has to fight it out. Will this be a country for rich white men? We will see.

If the Left is not a fundamental threat to black and brown people then why does the Left target and murder such a disproportionately high number of Black and Brown American children? And why is aborting and limiting the number of African children also so very important to the American and Global Left? I believe the Left is trying to get blacks and browns to commit generational suicide with abortion and turn whites against them with their politics.

dominicansoul

48 minutes ago, Era Might said:

i think it goes beyond politics.  The fight is between the culture of life vs the culture of death.  the left has espoused death, while duping the masses to believe they give a poo for the poor.    They've rejected God and thrown him out of their platform.  They've embraced all the ungodly things and forced them down americas throat.  They've replaced morality and common sense with their own ideology.   Not even a man with the same name of general Lee survives their warped sense of reality.    He must be sacrificed at the altar of political correctness.  These actions resemble more the actions of Nazi germany in my opinion.  you CANNOT have your own opinion, you MUST think as they do and feel as they do or you will be punished.  You may lose your job or your friends or find yourselves being ridiculed at work by your peers.  It's delirium.  I witness it everyday because I work for a public university.  The liberal indoctrination is real...

Meanwhile the right are morons who are afraid of their own shadow.  I'm surprised trump has lasted this long.  Maybe cos he's not really a politician but like you say a shrewd business man who is only after what will benefit his business deals in the long run.  He doesn't give a floop what the leftists do or say and he loves to troll them.  But the right, the right are cowards.  They have never really known how to fight the darkness.  They are afraid of the opinions of the politically correct and succumb to their tricks everytime.  Here they think they have all the power and yet the left still gets what it wants.  who has the real power in this world?  Is it trump or the mass media?

Meanwhile the question is not whether this will be a country for rich white men, but rather will there even be a country left to fight for?  

"A nation that murders its own children is a nation  without hope."  

keep your mind and attention  on trump.  I'll keep mine on what's really destroying our country.  

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

keep your mind and attention  on trump.  I'll keep mine on what's really destroying our country.

But trump is destroying the country. Everything was just fine until he got there. If Hilary has been in office none of this would've happened. She cares about everyone, except unborn babies but they don't matter anyway. 

dominicansoul
8 minutes ago, vee said:

But trump is destroying the country. Everything was just fine until he got there. 

Oh yeah.  Trump invented the KKK, I forgot.  

He did.  Everything bad is his fault and everything he says is wrong. Too bad he's white. If he wasn't then he could play the race card. 

Equating Confederate leaders to Hitler is ridiculous.  I don't recall learning in history class that Robert Lee attempted genocide. 

11 hours ago, vee said:

He did.  Everything bad is his fault and everything he says is wrong. Too bad he's white. If he wasn't then he could play the race card. 

Trump should come out and announce he is transgender, and name now is Donna.   MSM heads would implode.  

dairygirl4u2c

"Equating Confederate leaders to Hitler is ridiculous.  I don't recall learning in history class that Robert Lee attempted genocide. "

nobody's sayin they are equal. but in the same vein as germany wouldnt erect a statue of a nazi like hitler under the banner of 'heritage', the USA shouldn't erect people who fought for slavery for the reason of 'heritage' either. 

the only rational thing to do at this point is either say you are a slave holding sympathizer, or admit erecting confederate statutes is actually the riduculous thing. but i dont expect it. peaple putting party over country can make them irrational. 

dominicansoul

I've always wondered why there were Black Confederate soldiers? 

And why wasn't every single German soldier from the Third Reich hung for war crimes?   

1 hour ago, dairygirl4u2c said:

"Equating Confederate leaders to Hitler is ridiculous.  I don't recall learning in history class that Robert Lee attempted genocide. "

nobody's sayin they are equal. but in the same vein as germany wouldnt erect a statue of a nazi like hitler under the banner of 'heritage', the USA shouldn't erect people who fought for slavery for the reason of 'heritage' either. 

the only rational thing to do at this point is either say you are a slave holding sympathizer, or admit erecting confederate statutes is actually the riduculous thing, or don't give a rats arse. but i dont expect it. peaple putting party over country can make them irrational. 

FIXED

Notice how the Jews handle historic remnants of their persecution.  While they fight present-day anti-semitism, they make sure the Nazi death camps are there as a silent witness for all eternity.   They have holidays and religious texts that commemorate and record aspects of oppression and tragedy as well as victory and rebirth.  Although nearly everyone has tried, no one can keep the Jews from rising from the ashes and flourishing.  Perhaps their resilience as a people is related to their careful preservation of their own history, even the ugly parts.  I think the the desire of African-Americans to do the opposite with their own history is understandable but short-sighted.  

I don't know why any white supremicist would oppose the destruction monuments that are a part of black history and the record of black oppression.  

dairygirl4u2c
3 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I've always wondered why there were Black Confederate soldiers? 

And why wasn't every single German soldier from the Third Reich hung for war crimes?   

here is some info on 'black confederates':

"

• Myth: Blacks, both free and slave, fought for the Confederacy.

The argument over whether blacks took up arms to fight for the government that enslaved them is a bitter one, but historians have busted this myth, Deaton said.

"It's just balderdash," he said.

Loewen agreed.

"It's completely false," Loewen said. "One reason we know it's false was that the Confederacy by policy flatly did not allow blacks to be soldiers until March of 1865."

The idea had been brought up before, University of Tennessee historian Stephen Ash wrote in 2006 in the journal Reviews in American History. In January of 1864, Confederate Maj. Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne proposed enlisting slaves. When Confederate President Jefferson Davis heard the suggestion, Ash wrote, he "not only rejected the idea but also ordered that the subject be dropped and never discussed again in the army."

About three weeks before the Civil War ended, however, a desperate Davis changed his tune. By that point, the war was lost and few, if any, blacks signed up.

White officers did bring their slaves to the front, where they were pressed into service doing laundry and cooking, Loewen said.'

i dont know what point you have in asking why nazi soldiers weren't all hung. it looks like you dont have any good responses so you are grasphing at straws, nonsequiters.  no one thinks all confederates should die, and i can even see the law recognizing them as veterans. but it's still the fact that the civil war was about slavery, and it's wrong to honor the leaders who fought to found a nation solely on the basis of slavery. 

"dont give a rat's arse"

neutrality is a position too. and it's not just neutral, it's immoral because the position refuses to condemn the confederacy for waging a war to defend slavery. 

perhaps i shouldn't have assumed you supported the confederacy statues. but you assumed i equated hitler and the confederates. we're all guilty just as the liberals were when they said trump equated the racists and the protesters. (i'm not liberal and i didn't assume that though, but i didn't mean trump was right in what he said, i dont think my assumptions were all that unfounded though as far as you were arguing against all the antislavery stuff. just like when little2add gave the stupid argument that hollywood signs offend him, it's not so unreasonabe to assume he's beliettling the anticonfedreate monument people and supports their opponents. 

• dUSt featured this topic