An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

dominicansoul
On 8/14/2018 at 12:52 PM, Peace said:

I do not conclude that Trump is racist because he is anti-immigration. I conclude that he is racist because of interviews like this:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/06/03/donald-trump-judge-mexican-trump-university-case-lead-sot.cnn

In the interview, Trump asserts that a judge is incapable of doing his job (ruling impartially) in a lawsuit in which he was involved, because the judge has Mexican ethnicity (even though the judge is born and raised in America).

Oh yes, that was the media's spin, too.  From what I can tell, Trump didn't trust the mexican "la raza" activist judge because he was a liberal, racist, activist judge.  La Raza is a hateful group.  I wouldn't trust this judge either, doesn't make me racist against Mexicans...

On 8/16/2018 at 12:14 PM, dominicansoul said:

Oh yes, that was the media's spin, too. 

No. There is no media spin. The words came out of his own mouth. I heard them with my own ears.

From what I can tell, Trump didn't trust the mexican "la raza" activist judge because he was a liberal, racist, activist judge. 

That is not what he said in the video. Where did he say that?

La Raza is a hateful group.  I wouldn't trust this judge either, doesn't make me racist against Mexicans...

There are many different organizations with the word "La Raza" in the title. Which specific organization was the judge a member of? What specific statements lead you to believe that the organization the judge was a member of is racist?

With all due respect, I think that it is you who is drinking the cool aid. I base my conclusions on actual words that were spoken by President Trump, that are recorded on video that I heard with my own ears. What specifically makes you think that this judge is racist other than the fact that someone told you? What specific, verifiable, statements are you basing your opinion on?

I wonder. Is there anything that President Trump can do or say that will lead you to question his character? For example, lets say that President Trump made the following statements:

I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.

I did try and f--- her. She was married.

And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a b---. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony t--- and everything. She's totally changed her look.

. . .

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab 'em by the p----. You can do anything.

Let's say that I read those statements and conclude that President Trump is a sexist. Is that a reasonable conclusion, or is that just more "media spin"?

dominicansoul

He’s a misogynist for sure and an arse portal.  But I don’t believe he’s the racist you’re convinced he is.  Especially when there is proof of how he has helped and worked with people from all races.  White supremacist don’t do that.  Do you know what white supremacy is?  They want all colored people dead!  They don’t talk to us, they don’t work with us, they don’t want us here.  Period.  They don’t touch us, they don’t kiss us, they don’t hug us,  they ignore us.  When trump came to Texas, Black people came to see him, they had no problem meeting him, he even picked up some of their children and kissed them.  This is not the behavior of a white supremacist or a racist.  

Now trump is trying to Make prison reform a reality!  Seeing that the majority of men in prison are black, this is a very bad move for a white supremacist.... so if he is one, he’s a pretty bad one.

Calumny is a mortal sin.  I’m not gonna spread around trump is racist unless I know 100 percent he is.  

By the way, This thread is discussing racism and trump, not all the other horrible characteristics of the man... I don’t understand why you think I would defend him over everything he does and says.   I’ve never said he was a decent man, he’s a fornicater and an adulterer, but he’s a hell of a lot better politically than any Democrat.  He’s actually done a decent job so far as president.  

This accusation of racism that is poured out over the media every single day is becoming a bore.  And to see how they totally ignored the accusation that  bill Clinton said “Obama should be serving us tea, not running for president,” just makes me gag ! The media can be so manipulative with their propaganda.  I’m not fooled.  They want to take down trump, plain and simple.  That’s why i believe liberals /democrats are domestic terrorist.  They hate our country even to the point of undermining a president of the United States and lodging one of the most fierce propaganda campaigns to convince the simple minded and weak that he is not the legitimate president.  Of course trump doesn’t help himself, trump is trump.  He’s not politically correct and he’s a bumbling idiot.  It’s been a circus I’ve rather enjoyed from the peanut gallery.  Trump makes me laugh every single day.  And I’ll vote for him again just to keep seeing the liberals heads explode.  

Edited by dominicansoul

51 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

Especially when there is proof of how he has helped and worked with people from all races.  White supremacist don’t do that.

A person can be racist and work with people from other races. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Do you know what white supremacy is?  

From Wikipedia:

White supremacy or white supremacism is a racist ideology based upon the belief that white people are superior in many ways to people of other races, and that therefore, white people should be dominant over other races. White supremacy has roots in scientific racism, and it often relies on pseudoscientific arguments. Like most similar movements such as neo-Nazism, white supremacists typically oppose members of other races as well as Jews.

They want all colored people dead!  They don’t talk to us, they don’t work with us, they don’t want us here.  Period.  They don’t touch us, they don’t kiss us, they don’t hug us,  they ignore us.  When trump came to Texas, Black people came to see him, they had no problem meeting him, he even picked up some of their children and kissed them.  This is not the behavior of a white supremacist or a racist.

This is simply untrue. Not all white supremacists want all non-white people dead. And you can find white supremacists who do all of those things. You kiss a black baby and that makes you non-racist? You hug a black man and you are non-racist? That is just silly. Here is a Neo-Nazi giving a black man a hug:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2017/10/neo-nazi-black-man-share-hug-at-white-nationalist-rally.html

I guess that means he isn't racist.

Now trump is trying to Make prison reform a reality!  Seeing that the majority of men in prison are black, this is a very bad move for a white supremacist.... so if he is one, he’s a pretty bad one.

Again. This is simply another version of the "I have a black friend" argument. One does not need to be the spawn of Satan or Joseph Stalin in order to be a white supremacist or a racist. One can do good things for black people and still be racist against black people. One can do good things for white people and still be racist against white people. One can do good things for women and still be a sexist.

Calumny is a mortal sin.  I’m not gonna spread around trump is racist unless I know 100 percent he is.  

You had no hesitation saying that La Raza is racist. Are you sure that the difference in treatment doesn't have to do with politics?

By the way, This thread is discussing racism and trump, not all the other horrible characteristics of the man... I don’t understand why you think I would defend him over everything he does and says.   I’ve never said he was a decent man, he’s a fornicater and an adulterer, but he’s a hell of a lot better politically than any Democrat.  He’s actually done a decent job so far as president.  

I would not say any Democrat, because there are a few pro-life Democrats out there. But I would agree with you that he is better than most Democrats, at least merely for the fact that he is against abortion and most Democrats think it should be legal. I also agree with you that he has done a decent job as president. But as you stated, this thread is about racism and president Trump.

As to your other point, I thought that you would defend him over everything he does and says, because of your surprise and dismay that many people conclude that he is racist. If you conclude that calling him racist is unwarranted, I think that is fine. But I think that being surprised that other people conclude that he racist is unreasonable given his words, action, and inaction. You seem very heavily invested in the conservative / liberal debate and I think that is clouding your judgment.

This accusation of racism that is poured out over the media every single day is becoming a bore. And to see how they totally ignored the accusation that  bill Clinton said “Obama should be serving us tea, not running for president,” just makes me gag ! The media can be so manipulative with their propaganda.  I’m not fooled.  They want to take down trump, plain and simple.

Well I agree with you that there is a left-leaning bias in the main stream media. But as I told you, I do not conclude that president Trump is racist because Wolf Blizter told me so. I made that conclusion based president Trump's actual words, actions, and inaction. Perhaps many people who conclude that he is racist are simply drinking the media Kool-Aid, but even beyond the media bias, I think that there is plenty to be concerned about for anyone who looks at his words, actions, and inaction objectively. Obviously I cannot convince you that he is racist, but I think it is reasonable to conclude that he is based on what I have seen.

That’s why i believe liberals /democrats are domestic terrorist.  They hate our country even to the point of undermining a president of the United States

Again, what happened to Calumny? You seem to have no hesitancy in calling millions of people terrorists and hating their own country. . . it seems that you are applying different standards when it comes to different groups. Is that not true?

and lodging one of the most fierce propaganda campaigns to convince the simple minded and weak that he is not the legitimate president. 

Well then president Trump must also be a domestic terrorist who hates America, because he did this very same thing with to president Obama. As you may recall, president Trump was at the forefront of the the birther movement, which was an attempt to delegitimatize president Obama.

Of course trump doesn’t help himself, trump is trump.  He’s not politically correct and he’s a bumbling idiot.  It’s been a circus I’ve rather enjoyed from the peanut gallery.  Trump makes me laugh every single day.  And I’ll vote for him again just to keep seeing the liberals heads explode.  

I do not enjoy the circus, personally. As far as voting for him just to see liberals heads explode - it is statements like this that lead me to believe that your conclusions are the result of being so heavily invested in a political ideology, that it becomes difficult for you to look at facts and statements objectively. I often see the same exact thing among people who are far left/liberal. Their vision is also clouded by their strong adherence to a political ideology.

dominicansoul

Hillary Clinton started the birther movement. So much for looking at the facts...

Peace, we just won’t agree.   I can’t help but enjoy watching moronic overly politically correct sensitive people who hate America implode.  They’ve had their comuppance.  Doesn’t mean I’m blinded by rhetoric on the right.  I certainly am against trumps policy at the border.  I totally hate his immorality and his disdain toward people who double cross him.  I have said continuously I think he’s a bumbling clumsy oaf when it comes to things he’s said and done.  Ive even said IF he is a racist, I think he’s the type of “racist” you described a couple comments above, the kind you said everyone is guilty of.  But he’s not a white supremacist and a member of the KKK.  He genuinely seems to like people of color.   I don’t see him viciously hating them or wanting them “put back into chains.”  To preach that, to me, is calumny.  Just my opinion... 

On 8/18/2018 at 4:34 PM, dominicansoul said:

Hillary Clinton started the birther movement. So much for looking at the facts...

I didn't stay that president Trump started the birther movement. I said that he was at the forefront of it, and that is most certainly true.

Peace, we just won’t agree.  

Not on everything, but we already do agree on plenty of things, as I mentioned above.

I can’t help but enjoy watching moronic overly politically correct sensitive people who hate America implode.  They’ve had their comuppance.  

OK, but there are plenty of those people on both sides of the political aisle. Personally, don't enjoy what has become of news and politics in the US at all. It seems to be much more about entertainment or ideological gratification, than about a genuine concern for the betterment of the country. Perhaps this may eventually be our downfall.

Doesn’t mean I’m blinded by rhetoric on the right.  I certainly am against trumps policy at the border.  I totally hate his immorality and his disdain toward people who double cross him.  I have said continuously I think he’s a bumbling clumsy oaf when it comes to things he’s said and done.  Ive even said IF he is a racist, I think he’s the type of “racist” you described a couple comments above, the kind you said everyone is guilty of.  But he’s not a white supremacist and a member of the KKK.  He genuinely seems to like people of color.   I don’t see him viciously hating them or wanting them “put back into chains.”  To preach that, to me, is calumny.  Just my opinion... 

Fair enough. I don't think that anyone has to want to re-institute slavery to be a white supremacist. One can like minority groups and still be a white supremacist. Heck, I love the heck out of dogs. That doesn't mean that I think they should be considered my equal. . .

But to your point - yes, I do not think that most Americans are racist because they have made a conscious decision to be racist. Most Americans sincerely believe that racism is wrong, but what people believe does not particularly matter. Most pro-abortionists believe that being pro-choice is a good thing, but that does not make them moral, now does it? I bet plenty of pedophiles and murderers believe that they are good people too.

Most Americans are racist because they are subconsciously conditioned to be racist, by a culture that has long been premised on the assumption of black inferiority and subservience. I can point to plenty of liberals who sincerely go around denouncing racism every day, but are racist. Heck, even most black Americans are conditioned to be white supremacists, and if you look at the way that black Americans treat each other that should be readily apparent.

Many Americans are anti-Catholic for similar reasons. We have a very long history in America of looking down on Catholics, and anti-Catholicism is still very much a part of our culture.

An example of why the following of Jesus is very often counter cultural attracting negative name calling and other kinds of put downs/persecutions at times.

Where I am living, to quote Scripture or even the Teachings of The Church is to earn the title "Deep and meaningful" as a well known (and used) sarcastic and dismissive comment.  Jesus has said "They have persecuted me and they will persecute you".  Persecution almost seems to be a badge of discipleship.

dominicansoul

Trump is such a DUMB NAZI!!!:hehe2:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/21/nazi-labor-camp-guard-caught-by-ice-deported-to-germany-white-house-says.html

Nazi labor camp guard caught by ICE, deported to Germany, completing 'difficult task,' Grenell says

By Benjamin Brown, Travis Fedschun | Fox News

Amb. Grenell credits Trump for deportation of Nazi guard

The last known Nazi collaborator living in the United States -- a 95-year-old former camp guard who played an "indispensable role" in the murders of thousands of Jews -- was deported to Germany from his New York City home early Tuesday morning, completing what the U.S. ambassador to Germany called a "difficult task."

Richard Grenell, the U.S. ambassador who arrived in Germany earlier this year after political maneuvering by Democrats held up his nomination for months, told "FOX & friends" in an exclusive interview that President Trump — who is from New York — instructed him to make the removal of Jakiw Palij a priority. Grenell said the new German government, which took office in March, brought "new energy" to the matter.

"It's really a credit to President Trump, who was very clear about this case, made clear he wanted this individual out of the United States," Grenell said, later adding, "it's a great day for the United States to have this man out of our country."

image.png.16444d14b1a34ff05c853a4691bfbf4d.png

In this Nov. 20, 2003 file photo, Jakiw Palij, a former Nazi concentration camp guard, stands in front of a building in the Queens borough of New York.  ((Suzanne DeChillo/The New York Times via AP)

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents on Tuesday implemented a deportation order against Palij that dated to 2004. But kicking out Palij, who immigrated to the U.S. in 1949 and became a citizen in 1957 after concealing his Nazi background, was no easy task.

Grenell said the deportation came after months of diplomatic negotiations, and was "difficult" because Palij is not a German citizen and was stateless after losing his citizenship in the U.S.

image.png.1a3c0d16da2eef4ae44e0cc9b8b82577.png

Palij admitted to Department of Justice officials in 2003 that he trained at a Nazi camp in German-occupied Poland.  (AP)

"[Germany] had a moral obligation, not necessarily a legal one, because he worked in the name of the then-German government," he told "FOX & friends."

The ambassador praised Germany's new foreign and interior ministers who both "wanted to work with President Trump to make this happen." He also said that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was "aggressive" about the case.

Palij admitted to Department of Justice officials in 2003 that he trained at a Nazi camp in German-occupied Poland. Court documents indicated that men who trained at the SS Training camp in Trawniki carried out the Nazi regime’s plan to murder Jews in Poland.

image.png.a00743c5fd8f063b20850b6cdee915f7.png

This 1957 photo provided by the US Department of Justice shows Jakiw Palij, a former Nazi concentration camp guard.  (US Department of Justice via AP)

The 95-year-old also served as an armed guard at the adjacent Trawniki Labor Camp – where he played an “indispensable role” in the death of roughly 6,000 Jews who were killed in one of the single largest massacres of the Holocaust in 1943, according to the statement.

image.png.8e3850c419b9fd7917d27eff7fa1a783.png

This Nov. 9, 2017 file photo shows the home, left, of former Nazi concentration camp guard Jakiw Palij, in the Jackson Heights neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York.  (AP Photo/Kathy Willens)

Palij, who claimed he was working on a farm and in a factory during World War II, had his U.S. citizenship revoked in 2003 by a federal judge, and ordered to be deported a year later. His appeal was denied in 2005.

After the war, Palij maintained friendships with other Nazi guards who the government says came to the U.S. under similar false pretenses. And in an interesting coincidence, Palij and his wife purchased their Queens home near LaGuardia Airport in 1966 from a Polish Jewish couple who had survived the Holocaust and were not aware of his past.

image.thumb.png.42fda500ed76f8c1fa42bca9b9ac89b6.png 

“Through extensive negotiations, President Trump and his team secured Palij’s deportation to Germany and advanced the United States’ collaborative efforts with a key European ally,” the statement read. 

The State Department later issued a statement saying Germany has re-admitted Palij. As for what will happen to Palij in Germany, Grenell said "it's in the hands of the Germans" to figure out what to do with him next. 

"The fact is we have a president who really wants to fight for the American people, make sure that the rule of law is followed," he told "FOX & friends." 

In a special ceremony at the White House on Monday, Trump honored two agencies -- Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Customs and Border Protection -- however, as ABC News noted Palij was not mentioned.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Edited by dominicansoul