An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

On 8/31/2017 at 10:00 PM, dUSt said:

Yes. Condaleeza Rice was against removing confederate statues, and it's impossible for her to be racist.

When read in context, what Trump said actually isn't as racist as I first thought...

"Reporter: Neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest the removal of the statue.
Trump: Excuse me. You had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. "

So, instead of him saying that there were "very fine people" in the neo-nazi group, he actually first said that group was bad, and then implied the "very fine people" were not in that group.

I must say, he might have a point about the whole fake news thing.

Hold up. That doesn't make any sense though. He said that there were *some* bad people in that group. And he said that there were "very fine people," on both sides. There were fine people on the protest side? It was basically organized by neo-Nazis--- there are fine neo-Nazis? 

• 11 months later...

Trump is a racist. It's not even debatable anymore. He's guilty of the type of racism I grew up around being born in 1981.

The type of racism I experienced from my babysitters dad who my brother and I came very close with their fam and stayed with them in the summer and other times. I would call them nice people. But the father would use the n word and talk that way about black people. How can I call him nice? I don't know ? He was cool in every other area but he was defitenly racist. I hope he has repented. I'm no longer in touch with their family.

I experienced this with my stepfather also. He would refer to black people with the n word sometimes. In every other area he was a nice guy. I honestly can say I don't think he hated black people but he definitely called them the n word sometimes and that made him racist.

I see Trump exactly the same way. His latest incident is calling LeBron dumb and saying the black CNN host is the dumbest person on tv and made James look smart which is really tough to do. It's these types of comments over and over again which makes it clear that Trump is a racist. Probably not a full blown kkk racist but a racist none the less.

A year ago he said there were very fine people in Charlottesville on the side that had David Duke speaking. And if there were even any remotely "decent" people on that side I would be surprised. Watch the vice documentary from that weekend if you haven't yet. After you view it tell me how there were even decent people amongst the evil ones? Very fine people? I don't think so.

IMG_20180810_040957_130.jpg

20180810_004407.jpg

20180810_004353.jpg

20180810_004320.jpg

20180809_231717.jpg

20180810_004435.jpg

20180810_004517.jpg

On 8/22/2017 at 10:39 AM, Amppax said:

What a fascinating, and totally unsurprising, Phatmass thread. 

Just reread the whole thing. Fascinating and not surprising at all. Sad.

Edited by Guest

dominicansoul

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/2/black-pastor-calls-donald-trump-more-pro-black-bar/

Black pastor calls Trump more 'pro-black' than Obama

image.png.8ba7fcd7cdedb1f11c22002e2993cd02.png

Pastor Darrell Scott speaks during a meeting with President Donald Trump and inner-city pastors in the Cabinet Room of the White House in Washington, Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2018. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik) 

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Thursday, August 2, 2018

A black pastor who’s a longtime supporter of President Trump is saying that Mr. Trump is more “pro-black” than former President Barack Obama, the nation’s only black president.

Pastor Darrell Scott of Cleveland, co-founder of Mr. Trump’s National Diversity Coalition, is one of several dozen inner-city faith leaders working with the White House on prison reform and other initiatives to help urban America.

“This is probably going to be … the most pro-black president I’ve seen in my lifetime,” Mr. Scott said Wednesday in an Oval Office meeting with the president. “This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community. The last president didn’t feel like he had to.”

Mr. Scott said of Mr. Obama, “He felt like he didn’t have to prove it. He got a pass. This president, this administration is probably going to be more proactive regarding urban revitalization and prison reform than any president in my lifetime.”

During the meeting, Mr. Trump discussed the administration’s prison reform efforts, including a bipartisan prison reform bill passed by the House in May.

The president also highlighted the low unemployment rate for black Americans.

“African-American and Hispanic unemployment rates have reached the lowest levels in recorded history,” the president said.

He added that the prison reform effort is devoted in part to making sure that former inmates can find work.

“When we say hire American, we mean all Americans,” Mr. Trump said.

During his campaign in 2016, Mr. Trump accused Democrats of doing too little to help urban communities and often asked African-American voters to support him, saying “What do you have to lose?”

But during his administration, Mr. Trump also has roiled some in the black community by clashing with the NFL over protests by black athletes during the national anthem, among other controversies.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

"By their fruit ye shall know them..."

On 8/10/2018 at 12:29 PM, dominicansoul said:

President Trump's policies may actually end up being more beneficial for black Americans than President Obama's, but President Obama is friends with Jay Z, so that makes him more "pro black".

God Bless Trump for the good he does do. Definitely praying for the guy. You can be a racist and still do good things. I still do good things despite the grave sins I deal with. 

dominicansoul

funny how he wasn’t a racist before he ran for and won the presidency...

5C832A5C-D558-4313-88C4-93240CA690BF.jpeg.a30268028f69c73325f2c643ff5648b1.jpeg884A83E8-8F10-47B1-8BA3-5EA8BE80A376.thumb.jpeg.1f313f6dc17af74df91f44755602c5a2.jpegAEF292DF-B4CA-4C38-B265-0D5CF84FC834.thumb.jpeg.2eb5c79b0b5cb89a658c5eca245dcbd0.jpeg

liberal media is fooling you people, and ur letting them... 

31 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

funny how he wasn’t a racist before he ran for and won the presidency...

5C832A5C-D558-4313-88C4-93240CA690BF.jpeg.a30268028f69c73325f2c643ff5648b1.jpeg884A83E8-8F10-47B1-8BA3-5EA8BE80A376.thumb.jpeg.1f313f6dc17af74df91f44755602c5a2.jpegAEF292DF-B4CA-4C38-B265-0D5CF84FC834.thumb.jpeg.2eb5c79b0b5cb89a658c5eca245dcbd0.jpeg

Come on now. There is a photograph of the pope with Hitler. That does not mean that the pope approved of him.

President Trump is obviously racist, but I don't think there is much to suggest that he is any more racist than the average American (people of all races included). We are just a racist group of folks. That's what we do.

Of course, it's all politics and media spin, as you suggest. You can just as easily find racism accusations against the other political figures in the above photographs. At one point some people called Martin Luther King Jr.  a terrorist. It's all done just to try to get a political edge, and that will continue too. . .

Edited by Peace

1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

I literally watch almost zero television. I do watch a lot of movies. But when I watch tv when eating dinner or before I fall asleep 90% of the time it's Fox news. My opinion that Trump is racist is not from liberal media. It's from his actions running for President and the things he's done and said while President. I still support him as President. If I thought he was kkk racist level I wouldnt support him. Some people would probably be angry at me for supporting him at all. I have a very intelligent black friend who can't stand Trump. He has valid reasons in my opinion to feel that way. Racism is a very evil grave/mortal sin. I'm not black but I have been friends with black people since the second grace. My buddy used to get called the n word riding the bus to 2nd grade. I've not experienced racism myself but I've seen it and know it's real. So when someone like Trump has played it up to gets his base going I can see why people can't stand him for it. Or when he had a chance to make a clear stand after Charlottesville but refused to. Or calling all the black athletes protesting injustice sob's. I don't need to watch liberal media to come to the conclusion Trump is racist.

dominicansoul
6 hours ago, Peace said:

Come on now. There is a photograph of the pope with Hitler. That does not mean that the pope approved of him.

President Trump is obviously racist, but I don't think there is much to suggest that he is any more racist than the average American (people of all races included). We are just a racist group of folks. That's what we do

Hmm... there’s a picture of the Pope with Hitler????  Never seen such a thing...

im not the least bit racist, so I totally disagree with you

The Pope wouldn’t have aided and abetted with Hitler though.  Trump was celebrated as someone who actually helped the African American communities and even received an award from the NAACP.  Now suddenly we are to believe he’s turned into the big bad old racist white privileged ass?  

Just because trump is strong with stopping illegal immigration doesn’t make him a racist.  You guys know that right?  I mean I can find dozens of videos of democrats saying the same things trump is saying on immigration, yet they were never deemed “racist.”  And of course the stupid white supremacist would use that issue to support him, because they don’t like foreigners.  It’s what they do.  Doesn’t mean trump supports white supremacy.  

Pope francis once said “who am I to judge?” When it came to homosexual priests.  That year he was embraced by homosexual deviant groups and even put on the front page of “the advocate” as “man of the year.”  Are we to suddenly believe the Pope is gay because some of his supporters are militant homosexual deviants???  

dominicansoul
7 hours ago, Josh said:

My opinion that Trump is racist is not from liberal media. It's from his actions running for President and the things he's done and said while President. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-race-trump-economy-progress-0822-story,amp.html

“Commentary:

Trump's real record on race may surprise you

1400x788

This file photo taken on June 16, 2017 shows US President Donald Trump, surrounded by Uniformed Division Secret Service officers, after arriving on Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, DC. (SAUL LOEB / AFP/Getty Images)

One lesson I've learned from working for Donald Trump is that you have to pay attention to what he does, not what he says. The left and the media are on a rampage accusing Trump of being a ‎racist and Nazi and Ku Klux Klan sympathizer because of his words in response to the horrid events in Charlottesville, Va.

Let's all accept two truths: First, that every sane person denounces the ‎violence and racial hatred displayed in Charlottesville by far-right, fringe white supremacists. And second, that Trump should have shown better judgment in his seeming defense of these crazed groups carrying around torches and Confederate flags as if celebrating a darker period in our history.

Words matter for sure, but actions do speak louder than words. Leftists believe that good intentions are more important than results. If you meant well and your heart is in the right place, that's what really matters, according to this creed. As Bill Clinton put it so famously: "I feel your pain." And that was enough.

No one cared more about the plight of black Americans than Barack Obama — our first African-American president — who won well more than 90 percent of the black vote. But the sad paradox of Obama's presidency is that a president who was going to lift up black America economically didn't deliver. From 2009 to 2015, the incomes of black Americans fell by more than $900 per family adjusted for inflation.

So far under Trump, median family incomes have risen by more than $1,000, according‎ to Sentier Research and based on Census Bureau numbers. These numbers are not broken down by race, but it's a pretty good bet that black incomes have risen with those of other races under Trump.

What about other metrics of black economic progress under Trump? It's early for sure, but we have some preliminary results since Election Day, when the stock market started its latest bull market run.

The black unemployment rate has fallen by a full percentage point in the last year, black labor force participation is up and the number of black Americans with a job has risen by 600,000 from last year. Preliminary data show black wages and incomes are up since the election.

The rate of job growth per month for blacks under Trump has so far been 40 percent higher than the monthly average under ‎Obama. Trump has averaged nearly 30,000 new black jobs per month. That's especially remarkable because Obama was elected when employment was way down.

Another issue that is critically important to black and Hispanic economic progress is good schools. Trump is advancing the idea of school choice so that every child can attend a quality school, public or private. In cities such as Washington, D.C., and Milwaukee, the children who benefit from voucher and scholarship programs are predominantly black. Trump wants to increase by tenfold the number of black children who benefit from these vouchers and scholarships.

The goal here is to give every poor or minority child the same range of education choices that wealthy families have.

The same people who denounce Trump for being a racist hypocritically oppose Trump's plan for better school options for black children. I have heard many liberal commentators compare Trump to George Wallace, the late Alabama governor who defended school segregation and stood in front of the white public schools with armed guards to keep the black children out.

Now we have liberals and teachers unions figuratively standing in front of the high-quality white private schools like modern-day George Wallaces trying to keep black children out.

Trump also wants more infrastructure spending, more energy jobs and more apprenticeship programs so our youth have access to better jobs and better training. Disproportionately, blacks and other minorities will benefit from these programs, because fewer have the financial capability to go to a four-year college.

So is Trump a racist who doesn't care about the future of black Americans? Let's face it. He's no Jack Kemp when it comes to talking about race and healing wounds with his words. But Trump is creating more jobs and higher incomes for blacks and other minorities and is trying to give a better education to every disadvantaged black child in America. That is a pretty impressive civil rights record. ‎

Stephen Moore is a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation and a senior economic analyst at CNN. 

Copyright © 2018, Chicago Tribune“

I am thinking if trump is in fact racist, it’s like what Peace described, it’s not the “let’s kill all people of color” type of hatred.  It’s more the bumbling idiotic stereotyping and use of less than politically correct language in his words.  

Edited by dominicansoul

On 8/12/2018 at 7:09 PM, dominicansoul said:

Hmm... there’s a picture of the Pope with Hitler????  Never seen such a thing...

Actually I think you are correct. I can find photos of him online with various Catholic officials, but not an actual one with the Pope himself.

im not the least bit racist, so I totally disagree with you

Not even a little bit? That is quite an accomplishment.

The Pope wouldn’t have aided and abetted with Hitler though.  Trump was celebrated as someone who actually helped the African American communities and even received an award from the NAACP.  Now suddenly we are to believe he’s turned into the big bad old racist white privileged ass?  

I don't actually think that anyone should believe that. He doesn't seem any more racist than any other person to me. In that respect he just seems like a typical white American, at least to me.

He's definitely privileged though.  Very few people are born with millionaire parents.

Just because trump is strong with stopping illegal immigration doesn’t make him a racist.  You guys know that right?  

I totally agree.

I mean I can find dozens of videos of democrats saying the same things trump is saying on immigration, yet they were never deemed “racist.”  And of course the stupid white supremacist would use that issue to support him, because they don’t like foreigners.  It’s what they do.  Doesn’t mean trump supports white supremacy.  

I do not conclude that Trump is racist because he is anti-immigration. I conclude that he is racist because of interviews like this:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/06/03/donald-trump-judge-mexican-trump-university-case-lead-sot.cnn

In the interview, Trump asserts that a judge is incapable of doing his job (ruling impartially) in a lawsuit in which he was involved, because the judge has Mexican ethnicity (even though the judge is born and raised in America).

I also conclude that he is racist because of his consistent reluctance to distance himself from white supremacists.

There are various other reasons why I conclude that, but I need not go into that here. I am not concerned with trying to convince you.

Pope francis once said “who am I to judge?” When it came to homosexual priests.  That year he was embraced by homosexual deviant groups and even put on the front page of “the advocate” as “man of the year.”  Are we to suddenly believe the Pope is gay because some of his supporters are militant homosexual deviants??? 

No, but I do not conclude that Trump is racist because certain groups support him. I conclude that he is racist because of his own words, actions, and inaction.