An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

dominicansoul

trump is working the media PR by making people hate him and call him a racist and a Nazi?  Lowest ratings since Hussein had that mid term slump???  He's pretty clever that orange baboon isn't he...

BTW, West Texas is a fertile desert where temps rise to 120.  Geeks hate sweating.  Oil and natural gas production though!    Texas is good for something...

5 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

trump is working the media PR by making people hate him and call him a racist and a Nazi? 

Yes. His "education" was in the New York tabloids. He knows the media will always bite if you give them something to talk about. Any news is better than no news. But he's not dumb about it. He has to get bigotry across without being overt about it. He can do the teleprompter thing for a day or two, but at heart he's a New York sleazeball with a tabloid mentality, like yesterday in Phoenix riling up a crowd about pardoning Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona. Just days after Charlottesville he's pardoning a symbol of racial profiling, a sheriff who was convicted in court.

dominicansoul
2 hours ago, Era Might said:

Yes. His "education" was in the New York tabloids. He knows the media will always bite if you give them something to talk about. Any news is better than no news. But he's not dumb about it. He has to get bigotry across without being overt about it. He can do the teleprompter thing for a day or two, but at heart he's a New York sleazeball with a tabloid mentality, like yesterday in Phoenix riling up a crowd about pardoning Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona. Just days after Charlottesville he's pardoning a symbol of racial profiling, a sheriff who was convicted in court.

Just a day after Charlottesville, a black gang ambushed black members of a Baptist Church in Chicago's Austin neighborhood and slaughtered them on the church steps...

Trump needs to keep up with the hate, he's way behind...

Margaret Sanger was a big time racist. And she wasn't racist in just words.  Where's the outrage to take everything about her down. 

Here at Smithsonian.

mVanvWZ.jpg

33 minutes ago, Papist said:

Margaret Sanger was a big time racist. And she wasn't racist in just words.  Where's the outrage to take everything about her down. 

Here at Smithsonian.

That's the Smithsonian. Are there any publicly displayed statues of her, any memorials in her honor? I have no problem with Confederate memorabilia and statues of Confederate generals and leaders in the Smithsonian (I think that's where they belong)… But I do think that publicly displayed monuments and statues in their honor are very problematic. A compromise could be that we keep the statues up but we shroud them in black.

It's pretty sad to see all the whataboutisms and excuses here. :ohno:

We are all human no matter our skin colour, background etc. As humans with our fallen nature, living in this world that belongs to satan who prowls around seeking the ruin of souls, there will always be hate.  This capacity to hate is in each heart and is one of all sorts of sins we must all fight against. We can't fight and win this battle on our own. It is a battle with the world the flesh and the devil, and we need the spiritual and supernatural help that comes from God. Without God we are nothing but vicious beasts. Luckily he came to save us from ourselves.

He who is Love itself bore on himself all of our hate, malice and sin. Only when we look at Him, follow Him, and do what he says to do will he start to free our own hearts from hate, sin and evil.  

dairygirl4u2c

the civil war was about slavery, plain and simple. if you look at the reasons stated for the war, it always went back to slavery. only in the abstract was it about states' rights, and there has been a misinformation campaign to retrospectively say that's what it was about. research history and you will see the truth. so do we want statutes of men who led the fight for slavery? maybe in the same way we'd want a statue of hitler, maybe at a museaum, but not out in public spaces of honor. 

There was a great op ed price in the Tampa Tribune some months ago by a black editor about the confederate monuments.   He made the point that there were mixed intentions and representations and meanings ascribed to these monuments.  

His point was though it is about southern identity in face of northern occupation by some, it is also about racial oppression for others.   Take them down and or remove them from in font of government buildings and properties.   Do it respectfully. 

It only took one day for private fundraisers to pay 1/2 of cost to move a local Confederate monuments from in front of the County Courthouse in Tampa, and move it to private Cemetery.   The other half was paid by taxpayers.   Good compromise, no riots.  

I don't think they have a place on US government property or land.  

I don't think they need to be attacked or defended with violence.  

I don't think either side should be ignored, and both perspectives should be considered when discussing how and to where they are removed or relocated.  

Edited by Anomaly

29 minutes ago, vee said:

We are all human no matter our skin colour, background etc. As humans with our fallen nature, living in this world that belongs to satan who prowls around seeking the ruin of souls, there will always be hate.  This capacity to hate is in each heart and is one of all sorts of sins we must all fight against. We can't fight and win this battle on our own. It is a battle with the world the flesh and the devil, and we need the spiritual and supernatural help that comes from God. Without God we are nothing but vicious beasts. Luckily he came to save us from ourselves.

He who is Love itself bore on himself all of our hate, malice and sin. Only when we look at Him, follow Him, and do what he says to do will he start to free our own hearts from hate, sin and evil.  

Thanks mom. 

46 minutes ago, vee said:

He who is Love itself bore on himself all of our hate, malice and sin. Only when we look at Him, follow Him, and do what he says to do will he start to free our own hearts from hate, sin and evil----RACISM, APATHY AND INDIFFERENCE INCLUDED.

15 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

Thanks mom. 

Seriously though, thanks for the reminder. 

8 hours ago, Anomaly said:

Churchill was a nationalist.  

And a colonialist. Thankfully, the colonized world revolted and the British empire is no more. I hope the American empire falls too.

Although she feeds me bread of bitterness, 

And sinks into my throat her tiger’s tooth, 

Stealing my breath of life, I will confess 

I love this cultured hell that tests my youth. 

Her vigor flows like tides into my blood, 

Giving me strength erect against her hate, 

Her bigness sweeps my being like a flood. 

Yet, as a rebel fronts a king in state, 

I stand within her walls with not a shred 

Of terror, malice, not a word of jeer. 

Darkly I gaze into the days ahead, 

And see her might and granite wonders there, 

Beneath the touch of Time’s unerring hand, 

Like priceless treasures sinking in the sand.

--Claude McKay, "America"

9 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Just a day after Charlottesville, a black gang ambushed black members of a Baptist Church in Chicago's Austin neighborhood and slaughtered them on the church steps...

Trump needs to keep up with the hate, he's way behind...

Huh? What does this have to do with anything? I'm sure Trump will pause ti remember the good people on the streets of Chicago.

Edited by Era Might

• dUSt featured this topic