An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

KnightofChrist
10 hours ago, dairygirl4u2c said:

"Equating Confederate leaders to Hitler is ridiculous.  I don't recall learning in history class that Robert Lee attempted genocide. "

nobody's sayin they are equal. but in the same vein as germany wouldnt erect a statue of a nazi like hitler under the banner of 'heritage', the USA shouldn't erect people who fought for slavery for the reason of 'heritage' either. 

the only rational thing to do at this point is either say you are a slave holding sympathizer, or admit erecting confederate statutes is actually the riduculous thing. but i dont expect it. peaple putting party over country can make them irrational. 

The Nazi Party, the Party of the Holocaust was abolished and banned. So too should the Democrat Party, the party of Slavery and today the Party of Death. But few wish to take the ripping down of statues of Democrat Civil War heros to its logic end. Ripping down the Party that which still exists today without ever having apologized for their inhumanity.

Edited by KnightofChrist

12 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

The Nazi Party, the Party of the Holocaust was abolished and banned. So too should the Democrat Party, the party of Slavery and today the Party of Death. But few wish to take the ripping down of statues of Democrat Civil War heros to its logic end. Ripping down the Party that which still exists today without ever having apologized for their inhumanity.

The Republican party was also the party of slavery and segregation.  Both parties were for it.  Both parties are bad.  To claim otherwise is to just be playing partisan politics.

I don't get why these discussions or debates or whatever get derailed into talking about the evils of the Democrat party. It's smokescreen, a way of detracting from facing the problem of institutional racism for what it is. It is somehow implied that everyone who brings up problem of racism is a leftist who doesn't care about denouncing abortion for its murdering of a disproportionate number of African-American babies. Evil is evil and we need to fight against it wherever it is found. 

dairygirl4u2c

i'm all for reducing abortions by law, even overturning roe v wade if need be. but id just reiterate what seven said

dominicansoul
1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

I don't get why these discussions or debates or whatever get derailed into talking about the evils of the Democrat party. It's smokescreen, a way of detracting from facing the problem of institutional racism for what it is. It is somehow implied that everyone who brings up problem of racism is a leftist who doesn't care about denouncing abortion for its murdering of a disproportionate number of African-American babies. Evil is evil and we need to fight against it wherever it is found. 

Probably because Democrats capitalize on horrific racial incidents to further their agenda.  It's hard to take them seriously when they bewail hatred of any sort.  Pot meet kettle.

Lots of implications are found in these discussions.  I think someone pointed out that if we brought up Antifa or the leftists hate groups, we somehow support Trump and defend everything he says and does.  Dairy went so far as to say if Trump openly supported KKK we'd defend that.  So...you know, implications are thrown on both sides.  It's how it goes in these discussions.  

I just don't see racism like the MSM wants me to see it.  There's racism in every single race, not just rich white men.  There's hatred not only in the KKK but in these other groups that were involved in Charlottesville.   It's not a "what about them, what about this, whataboutisms..."  all these elements play a part in this sad affair.   It's not just us against the KKK.  It's us against tyrannical forces in this country that are trying to divide and tear us apart.  

You don't find the constant vitriol from the Democrat -run mainstream media as the cause for all this division and hatred?  Do you seriously think it's really all Trump's fault???

dairygirl4u2c

"Dairy went so far as to say if Trump openly supported KKK we'd defend that."

i didn't say that. i did say things like but dont think i specfiically said if he said they had good points, the right would defend whatever good points they had going for them instead of focus on trump minimalizing their racism. 

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dominicansoul
1 hour ago, havok579257 said:

The Republican party was also the party of slavery and segregation.  Both parties were for it.  Both parties are bad.  To claim otherwise is to just be playing partisan politics.

Or maybe they just saw slavery as a "side issue" like most of you all do when it comes to abortion....?  Maybe some confederates were honestly fighting to defend their way of life and their property and their economy and not even thinking about slavery.  How can we judge them when we are exactly like them when it comes to today's dehumanization???

dairygirl4u2c

i think it's fair as poster said above that people show their bias's in debates. but it doesn't look like that's all most are showing supporting trump. they can defend what trump said but they should say it like 'trump was poor in tone, but...' etc etc. but they don't do that, they just flat out defend him or jump into bashing democrats. ideallly if we have bias it should look like mirror images, 'trump was bad in tone, but good here'. 'trump was good here, but bad in tone', differing emphasis is all we should see but it dont work that way unfortunately

maybe i should be more open minded about differing view and it's too wishful thinking that it'd be differing emphasis with the same substance? i can't see honoring the confederate statues though, that's not honorable or a rightminded view at all, for instance. 

dominicansoul

I believe every single one of us on here is against racism.  How we fight it seems to be drastically different...

1 hour ago, dairygirl4u2c said:

i think it's fair as poster said above that people show their bias's in debates. but it doesn't look like that's all most are showing supporting trump. they can defend what trump said but they should say it like 'trump was poor in tone, but...' etc etc. but they don't do that, they just flat out defend him or jump into bashing democrats. ideallly if we have bias it should look like mirror images, 'trump was bad in tone, but good here'. 'trump was good here, but bad in tone', differing emphasis is all we should see but it dont work that way unfortunately

maybe i should be more open minded about differing view and it's too wishful thinking that it'd be differing emphasis with the same substance? i can't see honoring the confederate statues though, that's not honorable or a rightminded view at all, for instance. 

Less than a third of southern white households owned a slave.  One percent owned over 80% of slaves. However, southern economy and society benifitted indirectly from slavery.

The South seceded from the Union over the right to own slaves.  The North went to war, not to free slaves, but over the right of the Nation to over rule the State.

The Reconstruct Era was begun with radical Republicans who sought to protect African American rights.  It was conservative Demecrats who resisted them.  Reconstruction became a political domination of the Southern states and was used to enrich and empower some at the expense of the south.  Many Southerners see it as a continuation of Northern Brutalization begun with Shermans march the destroyed so much of the southern economy for decades.  

There were few completely morally righteous actions by either party and much suffering by all.  

For some, the Confederate Monuments honors the suffering the South has endured.  For some, they hope to establish white domination in society.  For others, they represent continued oppression. 

And others see these conflicts merely as an opportunity to be exploited for political, power, or other gains. 

Edited by Anomaly

KnightofChrist
8 hours ago, havok579257 said:

False, sorry but there is no even Steven croutons here. The Republic Party was founded as an antislavery, abolitionist party. Vast majority of its members voted in favour of Black rights from Civil War onwards. Where as the Democrat Party was in their own party platform in strong advocates of slavery and white supremacy and voted against Black rights for generations.  

dairygirl4u2c

ive heard the republicans and democrats switched names in history. the small government and doctrine oriented party used to be the democrats, and the bigger government and less doctrine oriented was the republicans.

"So, sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power."

so you can point out that the slave party was democrat, or you can just remember that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, or at rotten, as the case may be. 

dairygirl4u2c

let us look unto the bible for insight...

Exodus 21New Living Translation (NLT)

Fair Treatment of Slaves

21 “These are the regulations you must present to Israel.

2 “If you buy a Hebrew slave, he may serve for no more than six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. 3 If he was single when he became your slave, he shall leave single. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife must be freed with him.

4 “If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave and they had sons or daughters, then only the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. 5 But the slave may declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I don’t want to go free.’ 6 If he does this, his master must present him before God.[a] Then his master must take him to the door or doorpost and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will serve his master for life.

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. 8 If she does not satisfy her owner, he must allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. 9 But if the slave’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave but as a daughter.

10 “If a man who has married a slave wife takes another wife for himself, he must not neglect the rights of the first wife to food, clothing, and sexual intimacy. 11 If he fails in any of these three obligations, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:27 PM, Seven77 said:

Precisely.

dominicansoul

Well, this isn't actually a thread about institutionalized racism.  If you want to discuss that, start a thread. The title is "Trump and racism" which means it has a political spin to it and of course democrats are gonna be part of the discussion. 

• dUSt featured this topic