An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

Some of the things that Trump supports are being classified by the left (mostly democrats) as insensitive or hateful.  Like, Opposition to organizations like Planned Parenthood or  Pro life advocacy (to name a couple).

We live in a crazy evil world and every year that goes by it seems to be getting worse and we (United States in particular) are on the brink of destruction.  Most if not all of this world evil has been in place Long before Trump took office.  

dominicansoul
2 hours ago, little2add said:

Some of the things that Trump supports are being classified by the left (mostly democrats) as insensitive or hateful.  Like, Opposition to organizations like Planned Parenthood or  Pro life advocacy (to name a couple).

We live in a crazy evil world and every year that goes by it seems to be getting worse and we (United States in particular) are on the brink of destruction.  Most if not all of this world evil has been in place Long before Trump took office.  

Precisely.  

the issue is the left is crazy, we all see that but Trump is making things a million times worse in the political realm.  when the vast majority of your own party calls you out for being wrong in your words on many things, then your most likely wrong.  if it was just a handful of people in his party but there are a lot of conservatives coming out against Trump.  The issue is Trump has zero tact and he acts like a jerk.  Is he racist, maybe, maybe not.   No one knows what's in his heart.  Although he makes things so much worse for himself by being a jerk to almost everyone.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:47 PM, dominicansoul said:

Or maybe they just saw slavery as a "side issue" like most of you all do when it comes to abortion....?  Maybe some confederates were honestly fighting to defend their way of life and their property and their economy and not even thinking about slavery.  How can we judge them when we are exactly like them when it comes to today's dehumanization???

you are what's wrong with the conservative and liberal parties in america today.  you pull out this false litmus test for being a conservative.  if you don't subscribe to everything the conservative movement does, then your an abortion loving liberal who wants to murder babies in the streets and celebrate it.

when have i ever supported abortion?  when have i ever claimed to be a liberal?  when have i ever claimed abortion was a side issue.  the fact is your train of thought is what is destroying this country.  everyone either thinks 100% like you or they get labeled a liberal, abortion loving, baby murdered.

dominicansoul
3 hours ago, havok579257 said:

everyone either thinks 100% like you or they get labeled a liberal, abortion loving, baby murdered.

Ironic seeing that labeling is what most of you do for anyone who wants to stand up to leftists propaganda. For those who do, we are either siding with white supremacists, are racists, follow trump blindly, or support the KKK!  Oh and another gem:  we can't have any intelligent discussions because we don't follow your line of thinking.  Classic.  

"Abortion is a side issue"  is the mantra for many on this board when it comes to elections.  Just an honest observation, and one I made in light of how easily most judge history.  The people who defended the confederacy 150 years ago--- were they all really a bunch of racists scumbags?  Or could it be possible they saw slavery as a "side issue:".  Important but not important enough to fight against their own countrymen in the civil war?  Just like the majority of Catholics who vote for democrats.  Abortion may be important to them but not important enough.  I thought it was a good comparison. 

In all my post I've not labeled anyone here a liberal abortion loving baby murderer.  I've called out the leftists for being those things.  If the shoe fits, that's not my doing... 

dominicansoul
On 8/26/2017 at 9:43 AM, dairygirl4u2c said:

let us look unto the bible for insight...

I've always been a bit troubled by the biblical passages on slavery.  Isn't all slavery wrong??  

On 8/25/2017 at 10:27 AM, Seven77 said:

I don't get why these discussions or debates or whatever get derailed into talking about the evils of the Democrat party. It's smokescreen, a way of detracting from facing the problem of institutional racism for what it is. It is somehow implied that everyone who brings up problem of racism is a leftist who doesn't care about denouncing abortion for its murdering of a disproportionate number of African-American babies. Evil is evil and we need to fight against it wherever it is found. 

Have you noticed that this is how leftist MSM does talks about conservative voters?  It is presumed that everyone who voted for Trump supports each of his policies, positions and remarks.   Whether it's Charlottesville, The Wall or White Supremacy, those who voted for Trump are presumed to be of one mind.  I'm not saying you personally think or speak this way, but this is unfortunately the devolution of political discussions today.  

Can anyone explain why the Clintons were friends with white supremacists like the Trumps?  Why did the Clintons attend a white supremacist wedding?  Why did Hillary adopt a campaign strategy that elevated Trump as a candidate (see Salon article on this), thereby risking that a racist, white supremacist candidate would become President?  I think the American people are getting played by the media with this story line. 

8 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Ironic seeing that labeling is what most of you do for anyone who wants to stand up to leftists propaganda. For those who do, we are either siding with white supremacists, are racists, follow trump blindly, or support the KKK!  Oh and another gem:  we can't have any intelligent discussions because we don't follow your line of thinking.  Classic.  

"Abortion is a side issue"  is the mantra for many on this board when it comes to elections.  Just an honest observation, and one I made in light of how easily most judge history.  The people who defended the confederacy 150 years ago--- were they all really a bunch of racists scumbags?  Or could it be possible they saw slavery as a "side issue:".  Important but not important enough to fight against their own countrymen in the civil war?  Just like the majority of Catholics who vote for democrats.  Abortion may be important to them but not important enough.  I thought it was a good comparison. 

In all my post I've not labeled anyone here a liberal abortion loving baby murderer.  I've called out the leftists for being those things.  If the shoe fits, that's not my doing... 

most of you?  please tell me who are you talking to?  who are these people you are referring to?  can't be me.  couldn't be the conservative leaning guy who voted FOR Trump in this last election and agree's with the president on some of his policies..  oh, forgot, unless you 100% agree with Trump and conservatives on everything your a liberal.  i forgot to bow down to Trump, so I guess I am a liberal.  i guess Trump and conservatives can never be wrong

abortion is a side issue has never EVER been my position.  although we go back to your litmus test and the minute someone disagree's with anything you think they are branded a liberal baby killing lover.  being a democrat has never been my position on these boards either.  once again we go back to the mindset of anyone having thoughts outside of your little box is branded evil.  

You labeled me by lumping me in with a group I do not support and which goes against church teaching all because of the fact that I do not put my politics above my faith.  Nationalism and conservationism do not trump the teachings of the catholic church.  how about next time stop trying to put everyone who doesn't believe everything you do into the enemy box and understand that Trump, conservatives and you are not 100% right and your way is the only way.

1 hour ago, EleanorW said:

Have you noticed that this is how leftist MSM does talks about conservative voters?  It is presumed that everyone who voted for Trump supports each of his policies, positions and remarks.   Whether it's Charlottesville, The Wall or White Supremacy, those who voted for Trump are presumed to be of one mind.  I'm not saying you personally think or speak this way, but this is unfortunately the devolution of political discussions today.  

Can anyone explain why the Clintons were friends with white supremacists like the Trumps?  Why did the Clintons attend a white supremacist wedding?  Why did Hillary adopt a campaign strategy that elevated Trump as a candidate (see Salon article on this), thereby risking that a racist, white supremacist candidate would become President?  I think the American people are getting played by the media with this story line. 

your comparing the average person on this board to the MSM who only care about profits and hitting their demographics.  i think there is a huge difference between the two.  

the fact is the conservative media is just as bad as the MSM when a liberal is president.  so the conservative media who is crying foul about what the MSM is doing to Trump has no leg to stand on.  they did the same thing to Obama by making up fake conspiracies.  anyone who tries to act like one side is good and the other is evil when it comes to media is a partisan hack.  both sides only care about ratings and playing to their base, no matter the truth.

dominicansoul
5 hours ago, havok579257 said:

most of you?  please tell me who are you talking to?  who are these people you are referring to?  can't be me.  couldn't be the conservative leaning guy who voted FOR Trump in this last election and agree's with the president on some of his policies..  oh, forgot, unless you 100% agree with Trump and conservatives on everything your a liberal.  i forgot to bow down to Trump, so I guess I am a liberal.  i guess Trump and conservatives can never be wrong

abortion is a side issue has never EVER been my position.  although we go back to your litmus test and the minute someone disagree's with anything you think they are branded a liberal baby killing lover.  being a democrat has never been my position on these boards either.  once again we go back to the mindset of anyone having thoughts outside of your little box is branded evil.  

You labeled me by lumping me in with a group I do not support and which goes against church teaching all because of the fact that I do not put my politics above my faith.  Nationalism and conservationism do not trump the teachings of the catholic church.  how about next time stop trying to put everyone who doesn't believe everything you do into the enemy box and understand that Trump, conservatives and you are not 100% right and your way is the only way.

I have something more to discuss other than "trump is a moron I hate his guts."  It doesn't mean i back him 100 percent.  There are several things he's said and done that I do not agree with while there are several things he's said and done that I do agree with.  I do not believe he is a racist though.

I've been on this board for 9 years, I know I've seen the majority of phatmassers tell me over and over they are not a one issue voter and abortion is a side issue that they don't believe we can change.  Im sure they are not offended by my bringing it up if it's truly how they feel.  I'm not accusing any phatmassers or labeling them.  I just want to talk about this "side issue thing."   I think we can use this same attitude and apply it to the majority of confederates.  It's the only reason I brought it up.   Why suddenly are ALL confederates bigots and racists?   In 150 years will Americans look back and lump us all with the pro abortionists?  Yuck!!! I really hope not!  Then why are we doing it to confederates?    The confederacy is an unusual animal.  Was it really a foreign country?  Were they that generations domestic terrorists?  Or were they Americans just like you and me?  It seems the northerners saw them as wayward brothers.  Northerners fought to keep our nation together.  When war was lost, the two sides had to work to bring the south back into the union.  As decades past, forgiveness was obtained.   Northerners grew to appreciate the south and the south  grew to respect the north.   There is some old film footage you may find on YouTube or elsewhere showing a reunion of North and south troops.  There is nothing but comradery and friendship between the two.  All was forgiven.  Perhaps that is why symbols still persist?  I am hesitant to agree with their removal only because I believe the southerners who say "it's heritage not hatred."  Why can't we see it as that? Everytime  there is some censorship of expression i feel someday my religious symbols will be on the chopping block. 

Racism is a huuuge propaganda tool of the left.  It really works to accuse someone of it.  The accused fall terribly under the weight of such an accusation.  Today statues are toppling because of it.  Trump is losing his cabinet members over it.  

i know I don't have to say this, but Im not putting trump and nationalism over my  faith.  Many of us are simply tired of the hatred and vitriol.   I like to break down the accusation and see what is real and what is false.  I did it for Hussein as well.  Every accusation is questionable unless I see some value to it.  I take what I think is honestly sound.  In this case I don't believe trumps a racist.  In this case I truly believe the mainstream media and leftists are propagating a campaign of hatred toward trump and exaggerating every word he say and every action he takes.  He's a moron.  So he doesn't help himself very much.  You're right he needs to off twitter.  It's moronic and childish behavior unbefitting a president.  For some reason he continues to do it, I guess cos he believes that's where he can communicate best with his supporters.  

Some people accuse conservative outlets as being just as ugly to Hussein, and perhaps they were.  Or perhaps they just covered him honestly.  But I feel the most honest reporting is more often seen on news outlets that are not mainstream or popular.    It is difficult to find a media outlet that has any credence  these days... 

Edited by dominicansoul

10 hours ago, havok579257 said:

the fact is the conservative media is just as bad as the MSM when a liberal is president.  so the conservative media who is crying foul about what the MSM is doing to Trump has no leg to stand on.  they did the same thing to Obama by making up fake conspiracies.  anyone who tries to act like one side is good and the other is evil when it comes to media is a partisan hack.  both sides only care about ratings and playing to their base, no matter the truth.

As someone who was a registered democrat during the Obama administration and voted for him (I know, I know), I disagree.  The conservative media was hateful toward Obama, no doubt.  However, what's different now is the vitriol and hatred by liberal media toward an entire class of conservative *voters*, not the elected officials.  I never saw this level of smear campaign by the conservative media toward regular American voters who voted Obama.  I certainly never felt it.

Back to the issue of institutionalized racism for a moment.  Maybe someone could explain why black people are doing so poorly in cities that have been run by democrats for decades?  That's one of the questions Antonia Okafor asked herself, which prompted her to become conservative.  

https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/black-millennial-female-and…-conservative

17 minutes ago, EleanorW said:

As someone who was a registered democrat during the Obama administration and voted for him (I know, I know), I disagree.  The conservative media was hateful toward Obama, no doubt.  However, what's different now is the vitriol and hatred by liberal media toward an entire class of conservative *voters*, not the elected officials.  I never saw this level of smear campaign by the conservative media toward regular American voters who voted Obama.  I certainly never felt it.

Back to the issue of institutionalized racism for a moment.  Maybe someone could explain why black people are doing so poorly in cities that have been run by democrats for decades?  That's one of the questions Antonia Okafor asked herself, which prompted her to become conservative.  

https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/black-millennial-female-and…-conservative

democrats don't do anything for black people, other than feed them lies.  the issue with institutionalized racism is it exists in our courts and law enforcement.  blacks are treated unequal in both of these categories.  blacks routinely get harsher punishments for crimes than whites, blacks are treated worse by police and profiled more compared to whites.  the issue is law enforcement and the courts are not equal to blacks.  that needs to be fixed before we worry about self serving politicians.   

1 minute ago, havok579257 said:

democrats don't do anything for black people, other than feed them lies.  the issue with institutionalized racism is it exists in our courts and law enforcement.  blacks are treated unequal in both of these categories.  blacks routinely get harsher punishments for crimes than whites, blacks are treated worse by police and profiled more compared to whites.  the issue is law enforcement and the courts are not equal to blacks.  that needs to be fixed before we worry about self serving politicians.   

Disagree, with few exceptions.  Thanks for sharing your opinion, though.  

38 minutes ago, EleanorW said:

Disagree, with few exceptions.  Thanks for sharing your opinion, though.  

you can claim its opinion but statistics don't lie.  just like the death penalty is unfairly used on males and females.  facts are facts no matter how much people dislike them.

• dUSt featured this topic