An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have you made a "Come & See"?

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

We are thinking of re-vitalizing our "Come & See" retreat program and I thought I would check if anyone has suggestions.especially regarding length and time of year or things you like/dislike.

We are toying with the idea of doing it around new years on Christmas/semester break.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sr. Christina Marie

https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com

Edited by sr.christinaosf
punctuation

This probably has nothing to do with your post but I have a great idea. It'd be called "Lunch with Nuns". People get to have lunch with Nuns and then leave donations. 

dominicansoul

Sister, I like the idea of staying a few days more than just a weekend at your convent for "come and see."  The DSMME has a 24 hour retreat.  For me, that was okay, I enjoyed it and entered that community, but at the same time, I had been with the Nashies a few years before, so I knew the charism of the Dominicans and I knew what I was getting into.  I'm not sure 24 hours is enough for others.  So, maybe allow girls to stay a few more days than just a weekend, and let them shadow you in your apostolate and of course your prayer life.  I think they could get a very good idea about the community from doing this.