An Old School Catholic Message Board

To All Concerned

Magdalena Schumacher

Magdalena Schumacher

For all and to all concerned:

Over the course of years I have seen many posts from lay faithful speculating, discussing, commenting and gossiping about the PCPA community and the sisters who have since left and continued seeking God's Will for their lives. On behalf of myself, and all my sisters, I want to say how inappropriate this has been and that every individual who took part and contributed to such forums and threads should take some time to seriously consider this complete and utter lack of respect and decency. It is not for the public to know or busy themselves about things that do not concern them. Please show respect and follow the charity I am sure every one of us would wish to be shown.

1 hour ago, Magdalena Schumacher said:

For all and to all concerned:

Over the course of years I have seen many posts from lay faithful speculating, discussing, commenting and gossiping about the PCPA community and the sisters who have since left and continued seeking God's Will for their lives. On behalf of myself, and all my sisters, I want to say how inappropriate this has been and that every individual who took part and contributed to such forums and threads should take some time to seriously consider this complete and utter lack of respect and decency. It is not for the public to know or busy themselves about things that do not concern them. Please show respect and follow the charity I am sure every one of us would wish to be shown.

Yes, Sister. We'll will all now sit down and shut up, because it's none of our business what our sisters in Christ are up to, even after Mother Angelica made herself and her sisters the darlings of American Catholicism. (Not that I ever cared, because I don't watch television.) We will keep our mouths shut and our wallets open, and admire you from afar in complete ignorance. 

And you might want to wipe that deceptive smile off the face in your picture. 

Edited by Luigi

Random.

Raymond Arroyo in his book Mother Angelica her grand silence wrote about what happened within her community.  It's all public knowledge now!

Are you by any chance a member of the Schumacher family that was "featured" quite often in the Regina Angelorem newsletter from OLAM and whose 2 sisters were PCPA'S? I find I must agree with Luigi as , in my knowledge, no other religious community - most especially one that is cloistered - has had so much public exposure.  Let's see....one Postulant recorded a promo for Religious Life for EWTN, they were on TV for daily Mass for a while, every Sunday for Adoration, weekly for the Rosary, Corpus Christi Mass and processions, Profession ceremonies, the departure of the Phoenix Phive to Arizona, voice overs for prayers, etc.

Mother Angelica RIP was instrumental in making her Sisters so extremely visible, and as this IS a forum about religious life, of course the topic would emerge.  Raymond Arroyo pretty much "told all" in his last book, not to mention stories contained in the previous ones. Are you going to chastise him as well.

And when the number of Sisters noticeably dropped off, speculation began.  That is human nature - whether it's good or bad it's not up to me to judge.  

As a new poster, please don't swoop in and slap our collective hands. Gentle is always better than a lecture and a whack with a ruler! 

I would ask the Moderators of the Phorum to close down this thread as it's going to be extremely unproductive and has the potential to get downright ugly.

We take the privacy of religious sisters and brothers very seriously on Phatmass. On occasion a sister or brother has contacted the moderating team to ask us to edit a post that gave their real name, for example, or to remove a thread in which a poster over-enthusiastically divulged details about them without their consent that they didn't want in the public domain. The Mediators of Meh will be happy to do that - we know that while our religious provide a public witness, that doesn't make them public property.

If you are unhappy with a particular thread then flag it to bring it to our attention - there are only a small number of Mediators of Meh and as we don't have a photographic memory for each and every thread, some posts may have fallen through the cracks. Making a separate thread to complain about the issue isn't helpful, because then we can't see where you need us to take action, and if the problem is in a thread that's several years old then you may actually be provoking more gossip and speculation by bringing it up now.

• beatitude locked this topic