An Old School Catholic Message Board

Harvey storm woes

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

My nephew John  just got called out to help with the hurricane damage down at the coast.  He will be gone two weeks.  He's the guy who climbs towers and restores  cell phone communications. :(  He didn't make it to Mass this weekend.  Pray for him please and his wife and kids.  

Flooding is taking its toll in the area.  Wind is scary and rain doesn't stop.  My property is under water.  My outdoor barn animals are in my carport because their shelters flooded.  For some reason my dog leia loves the weather and is running around in it digging out rabbits from their holes.  She was always a crazy dog.  

I have a leak in the back room.  Wind and rain are hitting that side of the house something fierce.

My dad wants to sit out on his deck to watch the weather.  My brother, who lives with him, is having enough trouble keeping my dad from walking outside!  

My university is closed due to the storm.  We are just hiding away in our homes hoping no tornadoes and the wind doesn't rip our roofs off.  

One of my grad students is in Houston which has suffered terrible flooding!  Picture below shows what is happening to the people in Houston.  Still high winds and that whipping rain!    Pray for her as well her name is christine.  Heard from her this morn she's okay.  I don't see how she returns to university when all the highways are flooded.  

Keep praying for Texas.  I've never seen such a storm as this!  Hasn't stopped raining and that terrible wind isn't easing up!  Been going on since Friday night at 8 pm non stop!  

IMG_0394.JPG

Edited by dominicansoul
Left out a prayer intention...