An Old School Catholic Message Board

What is YOUR favorite board game?

dUSt

Canasta (card game) - like Gin Rummy but with two decks, two teams, and twice as long.

Axis & Allies. We had to change the rules to balance the game, it's originally skewed towards the Allies because of the USA...but now I forget what we did...

Puerto Rico is a fun and pretty simple one.

Raj is one of the best all-time games in my opinion. It's simple and extremely fun especially between 3 people. Doesn't take long to finish and you can do multiple rounds in short space or time. 

4 hours ago, Era Might said:

Chess. Wish I could play it regularly, but the only place you find chess players is jail.

I'm learning to get better at chess. 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, FancyPantsMcGovern said:

This place is weird. What's the point of coming here if no one talks to you?

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, MIKolbe said:

Hello

HELLO!!!!!

21 hours ago, Seven77 said:

I'm learning to get better at chess. 

Yeah, I'm not good at all but I've known how to play since I was a kid. I don't know that I have the right kind of strategic mind for chess, but if I could play it regularly I'd probably get a lot better.

2 hours ago, Era Might said:

Yeah, I'm not good at all but I've known how to play since I was a kid. I don't know that I have the right kind of strategic mind for chess, but if I could play it regularly I'd probably get a lot better.

About two or three years ago I found this website: https://www.chesscademy/  haven't really logged on for a while but I used to get a lot out of the free lessons and tutorials on strategies and techniques.  But you're right, "practice makes perfect... "