An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Batman is best?

JJJPK

10 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Adam west 

IMG_0430.JPG

Agreed! Not as sinister and dark as movies. Good ol' fashioned crime fighting! 

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Conroy in Batman: The Animated series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited. (How he turned out in Batman Beyond depresses me though, so I pretend that that was in an alternative universe.) 

He was very intelligent, clever, prepared, and intimidating without killing anyone. (Okay, so once he was temporarily possessed and killed someone, but since he didn't do it willingly it doesn't count.)

I also thought that how he handled himself in the animated film "Mask of the Phantasm" was interesting as a character study in responding to grieving for his parents. It gives some context into his romantic relationships which didn't go well. It's too bad he didn't give Wonder Woman a chance. Some of his reasons behind that were lame, but he's right that he has issues that would make their relationship difficult. 

Who else enjoyed The Lego Batman Movie with Will Arnett?

I enjoy watching the funny Holy Musical B@man on youtube. Note that there's frequent swearing (as in the "f" word) and a few sexual references, but compared to lots of movies and tv shows it's rather tame.

13 hours ago, tinytherese said:

Kevin Conroy in Batman: The Animated series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited. (How he turned out in Batman Beyond depresses me though, so I pretend that that was in an alternative universe.) 

He was very intelligent, clever, prepared, and intimidating without killing anyone. (Okay, so once he was temporarily possessed and killed someone, but since he didn't do it willingly it doesn't count.)

I also thought that how he handled himself in the animated film "Mask of the Phantasm" was interesting as a character study in responding to grieving for his parents. It gives some context into his romantic relationships which didn't go well. It's too bad he didn't give Wonder Woman a chance. Some of his reasons behind that were lame, but he's right that he has issues that would make their relationship difficult. 

Who else enjoyed The Lego Batman Movie with Will Arnett?

I used to watch the animated series every weekday after school… Always looked forward to it. They were like 30 minute Art Deco masterpieces. The storylines were really well written. And the characters were well developed. Some episodes were really dark and literally dark in color and shadow.

Yeah, even though I would watch it, I really didn't like Batman Beyond.

"Mask of the Phantasm" took everything great about the show and made a movie out of it. By the way, Wonder Woman wasn't even in it, so I'm a little confused by the reference.

On September 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Seven77 said:

I used to watch the animated series every weekday after school… Always looked forward to it. They were like 30 minute Art Deco masterpieces. The storylines were really well written. And the characters were well developed. Some episodes were really dark and literally dark in color and shadow.

Yeah, even though I would watch it, I really didn't like Batman Beyond.

"Mask of the Phantasm" took everything great about the show and made a movie out of it. By the way, Wonder Woman wasn't even in it, so I'm a little confused by the reference.

In Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, they were both attracted to each other.