An Old School Catholic Message Board

when does the soul enter the body

little2add

Everyone here has said the process of ensoulment begins at conception, logically it makes the most sense, why would there be any delay in the baby receiving a soul? it just opens up too many gaps so say otherwise.

1000% percent sure the baby has a soul right at conception. 

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

https://www.ncbcenter.org/files/3914/7018/8754/MSOB033_Do_Embryos_Have_Souls.pdf

Here is good article on the issue in basic terms, Fr. Tad came to Kenrick Seminary this last semester and did a few hours of presenting on this topic. He did a very convincing job of it and I can tell you that prior to listening to him I would have said ensoulment and conception go together, however with my exposure to his talks and the various points to be made on all sides I am in line with his position, that the exact timing does not matter and it is clearly an open question

• 2 months later...
GreenScapularedHuman
On 1/21/2018 at 4:51 PM, PadrePioOfPietrelcino said:

https://www.ncbcenter.org/files/3914/7018/8754/MSOB033_Do_Embryos_Have_Souls.pdf

Here is good article on the issue in basic terms, Fr. Tad came to Kenrick Seminary this last semester and did a few hours of presenting on this topic. He did a very convincing job of it and I can tell you that prior to listening to him I would have said ensoulment and conception go together, however with my exposure to his talks and the various points to be made on all sides I am in line with his position, that the exact timing does not matter and it is clearly an open question

oo... bookmarked for later.

• 1 month later...
little2add

the only difference between a human fertilized egg or a zygote and a new born baby is time, including possession of a soul.