An Old School Catholic Message Board

Surgery Tomorrow

OnlySunshine

Unfortunately, my worst has been confirmed - I have been scheduled for outpatient surgery tomorrow afternoon. The doctor performed another ultrasound and saw that my left ovary has MANY cysts on it (I have PCOS) but could not see the hemorrhagic cyst that was there last week. Therefore, she is opting to do the same surgery I had last year - laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C - to figure out the cause of my pain. She, too, seems to think I have endometriosis which is what my last surgery was supposed to diagnose. Either it was missed or not visible at that time. Since I wasn't in pain during my last surgery, I'm hoping this will provide more answers. I'm thinking, if it's not endometriosis, it could be an infection from the burst cyst. My mom wonders if I have diverticulitis because of painful bowel movements, but that can occur with endometriosis and cysts. 

Please send your prayers. I am very confused and upset about surgery again but I accept that it's necessary so, while I'm reluctant, I agreed to it. At least, if there are no complications, I'll be able to go home tomorrow but I'll be out of work for 2 weeks, at least, since that's how long it took me to recover last year.