An Old School Catholic Message Board

SSFPA Sister-Sisters

Pax_et bonum

Last year, Valerie, now know as Sr. Immaculata, entered with the Sisters of Saint Francis of Perpetual Adoration. Her blood sister Sr. Mary Augustine had entered 4 years ago, and this year, her blood sister Rachel has entered the same community. They come from a really great, Catholic family, so it's not hard to imagine that the 3 of them have entered religious life. 

It doesn't look life the SSFPA website has been updated yet, but you can check out their Facebook page, which is Sisters of Saint Francis of Perpetual Adoration.

That is amesome! I know there are a few communities that have 2 blood Sisters or Brothers but I have never heard of three  in the same community!

A Michigan IHM sister died last month who had 2 blood sisters in the community. And I know of 2 or 3 examples of three from the same family in the St. Ben's Benedictines (St. Joseph, MN). I'm sure there are many others. 

Sister Leticia

In this Province of the Society of the Sacred Heart, during the 1910s and 20s, 3 x Allpress, 3 x Ward and 4 x Pippet (including one set of twins) sisters entered. A few were still alive and well in their 90s when I entered.

Elsewhere in the UK... I did once meet a Franciscan Missionary of Mary who was one of FIVE sisters who had joined their order - plus two brothers had become Cistercians in the same monastery!

Back in the day, people rarely "shopped around" for a community to join. Unless they felt strongly called to a particular mission or to somewhere like Carmel they simply joined the sisters who had taught them or ran a local hospital, or who a priest recommended - or an aunt or older sister had already joined.

I heard of two twins who entered the same community and received the religious names. Sr. Mary Carmel and Sr. Mary Carmen!

I'm sure that didn't confuse anyone ever. :)