An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister servants of the holy spirit

Saintclare2009

Saintclare2009

Is anyone familiar with this order? They seem wonderful with eucharistic adoration and contemplative prayer life. I wanted to know if anyone knows or has been on retreat there. (Thank you!( I know they have different convents in different states)

graciandelamadrededios

You mean the Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit of Perpetual Adoration (SSpsAP), aka the  Pink Sisters? Latin: Servarum Spiritus Sancti de Adoratione Perpetua

Please note the Sister Servants of the Holy Spirit (SSpS) is the active-missionary branch while the above congregation is the cloistered-missionary branch.

Both were founded by St. Arnold Janssen.

The cloistered sisters wears Pink habit in honor of the Holy Spirit.

They have 6 convents in the Philippines (where I lived) and 4 convents in the USA, other convents are spread in Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia.

Unlike other cloistered orders where each monasteries/convents are autonomous, they have central government presided by the Mother Superior General and her council.  The Current Mother General is Mother Maria Elizabeth.

The Sisters published a book celebrating 100 years of their foundation.

Please see link below for more info and photos:

Saintclare2009

I see that their habits are pink and white. I think a habit should be a symbol for all of us to see, that the nuns are married to jesus. A habit doesnt necessarily mean that the person has no flaws, as we are all striving to live for christ, which isnt easy. Jesus never said it will be easy. It wasnt easy for him and he is god the son! I wouldnt join a convent just to be overjoyed about the orders habit. Its a beautiful witness of a consecredated life, but it doesnt make what kind of person thats within our heart and soul. Thank god it only matters what god thinks of us! He made us and he never makes mistakes. He is the only thing in life that is constant and unchanging! :)